Adding Custom Artwork? (1 Viewer)

DHosein

Portal Member
January 2, 2016
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Country flag
How do I add custom artwork to a TV series? I've tried following the instructions on damienhaynes/mptvseries but the custom.jpg just doesn't appear on the drop-down list as described. Am I missing a step?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    The custom.jpg filename format can only be used for widebanners and posters. Did you place them in the appropriate subfolders? View how the structure is on a show that you have functional artwork on, then fix it for the one you are trying to edit. Try restarting MP-TVSeries configuration otherwise (use the desktop shortcut method to make this much easier) if it cannot find the new art dynamically.

DHosein

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Country flag
    I used the link in MP-TV config to open the subfolder for the selected series and all the existing artwork options are there. But I wanted to use series and season posters from TPDB instead of the usual source, so I tried adding the custom.jpg into the relevant subfolders. I still get the dropdown list of the usual artwork, but the custom item isn't on the list.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    I haven't looked at custom artwork for a very long time and it's possible I broke the old handling when doing the new artwork GUI. It was on my to do list to allow browse to folder and select your custom artwork as well in the Artwork GUI but didn't get around to doing that yet.

It's good to know there is yet another online artwork provider (TPDB), I initially thought you did a typo until I googled it :) When the API is released for TPDB I can add to the online artwork providers in the GUI.

Users who are viewing this thread