Adding Custom Artwork? (1 Viewer)

DHosein

Portal Member
January 2, 2016
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
How do I add custom artwork to a TV series? I've tried following the instructions on damienhaynes/mptvseries but the custom.jpg just doesn't appear on the drop-down list as described. Am I missing a step?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The custom.jpg filename format can only be used for widebanners and posters. Did you place them in the appropriate subfolders? View how the structure is on a show that you have functional artwork on, then fix it for the one you are trying to edit. Try restarting MP-TVSeries configuration otherwise (use the desktop shortcut method to make this much easier) if it cannot find the new art dynamically.

DHosein

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I used the link in MP-TV config to open the subfolder for the selected series and all the existing artwork options are there. But I wanted to use series and season posters from TPDB instead of the usual source, so I tried adding the custom.jpg into the relevant subfolders. I still get the dropdown list of the usual artwork, but the custom item isn't on the list.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I haven't looked at custom artwork for a very long time and it's possible I broke the old handling when doing the new artwork GUI. It was on my to do list to allow browse to folder and select your custom artwork as well in the Artwork GUI but didn't get around to doing that yet.

It's good to know there is yet another online artwork provider (TPDB), I initially thought you did a typo until I googled it :) When the API is released for TPDB I can add to the online artwork providers in the GUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    I know I made some more advanced rules for my own setup, but without access to the SQLite db3 file that is difficult to remember from. As per: mptvseries/ViewTemplates.cs at master · damienhaynes/mptvseries I'm not seeing much in the other default templates either, but I do recall that both table values are available to use. It is...
    I know I made some more advanced rules for my own setup, but without access to the SQLite db3 file that is difficult to remember...
    Hi, I use mediaportal and MPTVseries for quite a long time, thank you for this plugin. Recently, due to lists becoming too long...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom