AEON 2 port? (4 Viewers)

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
god i really hope the reason Aeon has died as a skin is because someone is coding this instead...

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
boy it looks good, i've gotta admit, the skins over there have had me start trying my luck with python script, tvserver and xbmc.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it possible to create a plugin that could produce that cover flow effect in MP? AFAIK the skin engine doesn't do that right now.

roosterx

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2006
    Högsäter, Sweden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    What puzzles me the most is how incredible innovative they are those who develope xbmc with its skinning engine and all, i mean does anyone still use their XBOX? I know my 2 XBOX'es is laying downstairs and are just getting more and more dusty, i was using the good old XBOX until i moved hd, and that was just after the developer of Project Mayhem got a job offer from MS.
    Today i believe the developers of MP is doing the right thing, putting a handbrake on features and instead focus on stabillity something that is gonna take some time to fix since it went quite far.. But then i am really no coder or gfx artist so i have built my assumptions on what i have read in this forum these years.
    :)

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    What puzzles me the most is how incredible innovative they are those who develope xbmc with its skinning engine and all, i mean does anyone still use their XBOX? I know my 2 XBOX'es is laying downstairs and are just getting more and more dusty, i was using the good old XBOX until i moved hd, and that was just after the developer of Project Mayhem got a job offer from MS.
    Today i believe the developers of MP is doing the right thing, putting a handbrake on features and instead focus on stabillity something that is gonna take some time to fix since it went quite far.. But then i am really no coder or gfx artist so i have built my assumptions on what i have read in this forum these years.
    :)

The xbmc is available now for windows and osx. Maybe linux as well. It actually runs incredibly smooth. MediaPortal has the advantage in that it is far more configurable as far as codecs (I believe). Gotta say though, playing with xbmc again it had a very nice feel to it. I definitely will be giving it a chance when this skin is released.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If XBMC had the configuration options of MediaPortal (setting up the Remote exactly how you like it with ease), the power of MP's mediaplayer and Movie/TV show management of Moving Pictures and My TV-Series, THEN I would consider it. MediaPortal is much easier to setup IMHO. But XBMC sure is pretty.

Emph

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Will it be likely to see a skin engine capable of the new aeon skin in the future? I suppose that the authors are focusing on more important things than the overall looks, which make a lot of sense.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Will it be likely to see a skin engine capable of the new aeon skin in the future? I suppose that the authors are focusing on more important things than the overall looks, which make a lot of sense.

Hopefully even better in MediaPortal 2.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread