rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    this error appears again in actual svn´s. :mad:

There have been some changes to the way how artists are stored physically.
    Maybe you didn't rescan when the svn log suggested that?

Please install latest SVN, delete your MusicDB, Backup&Delete your thumbs, open Configuration.exe and scan your shares again.

If you're still missing cover art please provide:
    - screenshots of the thumb folder with covers in question
    - MP with the view lacking the thumb from above
    - Configuration.log containing your share scan process
    - MediaPortal.log when the cover is missing

scirocco790

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks a lot. i deleted the db and thumds, did a rescan and it works. i think i will do deletion and rescan every time i install a new svn. would prevent dumb questions.
    :D

dragonfly

Portal Member
    December 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've got the same issue. Artist view shows no cover, but Album view shows the cover for all tracks. I deleted the DB and all my thumbs, and did a rescan of my shares, and I still have the same problem on two separate PCs. Only albums which have had a folder.jpg in the album folder show up correctly. Album art downloaded with the AS plugin does not.

I'm including screenshots and logs as requested.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The first pic shows "Bel Canto - The Magic Box II" which is not what your thumbs are named like...
    Do you use the "use folder.jpg" setting?

The only other available album art for "White-Out Conditions" is displayed just fine..

dragonfly

Portal Member
    December 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No no, the album is called "Magic Box". The one you quoted is the name of a song on the album. This happens with *all* albums which don't have a folder.jpg in their folder. White-Out Conditions has a folder.jpg and so it displays correctly.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I dug a bit further... It seems I need to follow this procedure to make it work:

4. Rescan database in Configuration again.

No - there's a much simplier way. In Configuration -> General -> Thumbnails please activate "autocreate missing thumb cache".

This way whenever you encounter new files where MP does not show coverart it will launch a background thread to lookup and generate thumbs (if there is an image to be used of course). The next time you browse there MP will have the coverart.

However thank you for this detailed step-by-step description!

dragonfly

Portal Member
    December 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hm... I'm sure I have the latest SVN snapshot, but in Configuration I can find no such thing. Do you mean "Create folder cache on demand"? If so, it's already activated and it makes no difference.

Attached screenshot for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread