albumart not displayed (1 Viewer)

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
Many thanks rtv for your effort, but the same here: it still doesn't work!

I have installed your last VSN, tried all possible combinations...no chance!

In MP music menu / database, it seems that the different options to see the thumnails are not working, because any option you select, the result is absolutly the same. And the option "use coverart embedded in MP3 for thumnails" is clear! this one would display the cover art for the different albums when you don't use folder.jpg, no?

:confused:

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've tried all settings and they are working fine here now.

These settings apply to the SCAN of the music shares and whether / which thumbs are created.

So most likely your thumbs\Music\Folder and/or thumbs\Music\Album simply do not contain the thumbs at all.

"Create folder cache on demand" detects missing thumbs for _new_ tracks. If it finds a source file to create a folder thumb it will still not be displayed until you enter the folder the next time (because the whole process takes place in the background).

You NEVER have to press F3 or whatever to look thumbs up. If something is found during the database scan it will be displayed... If you simply do not have any cover source at all you can help yourself using this grabber once:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/finally_theres_artist_image_grabber_available-p189782.html

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    All my MP3 files were tagged with "tag & rename" software.

Every MP3 file has its own cover art album embedded.

When I scan my main music folder with MP, ALL cover art thumbs are perfectly present in the folder Thumb/Music/Album and are displayed when I select a track, but only a track: the cover art is not shown when I select the album!

The Thumb/music/folder is always empty and I saw that MP uses the icons of this folder for the albums: If I put any image into this folder, and if I call it folder.jpg, this image will then be shown for ALL the albums!

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    David, you are trying a lot of things, I don't know if it is really useful!

-My MP3 files, in my main music folder, are the same as before, when I used MP 0.2.2
    - Everything worked fine with 0.2.2. For you too
    -Now it doesn't work with 0.2.3. The same for you
    - So, 0.2.3 has a problem.Dot.

I think that no many people are using a single folder for their MP3, maybe that before the scan they are yet put in sub folders (1 folder for the artist and sub folders for the albums: with this configuration the album art will be displayed, I think, without any problem)

I don't know how to put a direct link, excuse me, but have a look at EDDY5 post in "music" "problem with new database".
    He has the same problem but nobody answered his post dated 2007/09/29 13:14

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    davidb - thx that helps alot!
    This shows that somehow you aren't using the latest revision. It doesn't include the patch I meantioned before. So if this has been one of this night's public builds we need to find out why it consists of "old" files.
    edit: The patch was added with Revision 16148 - what does the splash / log file say about the REV of the svn build?

Jean-Marc please stay kind here... Are you using the database views or "shares"view when covers are missing?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What does REV mean?
    "Revision" is the exact release version. So REV 16148 got 16148 bugfixes, additions, etc since we started to use the subversion source management system.

But in the Audioscrobbler window "Album covers" there are now about twenty artists names listed, then about 200 unknown artists and no album name is found...

Would you please delete the MusicDatabaseV10.db3 and start over again with todays build?
    Delete, open config, scan share(s) again, check how many albums are found by audioscrobbler album art grabber.

As this is using MP's core functions the problem could be at a deeper level and maybe I need to talk to hwahrmann to fix the true cause...

Users who are viewing this thread