Any plug-in to open subtitles (like *.str) ? (1 Viewer)

BrunoXe

Portal Member
May 10, 2006
Spain (EU)
I used to watch subtitled videos (translated from English, Japanesse,...).

I run BSPlayer or MediaPlayerClassic to open subtitles but, can I open them with MediaPortal internal player?

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
search the forum

yes you can

vobsub (vsfilter) or ffdshow will help you

BrunoXe

Portal Member
May 10, 2006
Spain (EU)
reply myself / me respondo a mí mismo:

Español
----------
Para ver los subtitulos de los AVI (.sub/ .str) ponlos en la misma carpeta que el AVI y ponles el mismo nombre.

Por ejemplo:
C:/Video/Perdidos 2x23.avi
C:/Video/Perdidos 2x23.str

Están siempre activados, el botón L no funciona en este caso.

English
---------
To see AVI subtitles (like .sub/.str) put them in the same directory the avi file is and rename them.

For example:
C:/Video/Lost 2x23.avi
C:/Video/Lost 2x23.str

They are always activated, the L buttom don´t work.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just found out that the opensource program subrip http://zuggy.wz.cz/ is a program that allows you to rip DVD subtitles with their timing as a text file. The goal is to allow you to translate the subtitles in other languages, or just use them as they are.

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok found the on screen display, but cant find the sub button

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    This is not possible, only on the bluray present subtitles can be selected. Same as above. Audio streams can never be selected apart from the merged ones. You'll have to use tools like the mentioned Media-Buddy to achieve that. Subtitles of local media can be placed into the same folder (with the same name) into the video file. You...
    This is not possible, only on the bluray present subtitles can be selected. Same as above. Audio streams can never be selected...
    Hi, is it possible to include downloaded subtitles during Bluray playback? While playing a Bluray, i can open the menu to select...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom