Article: We Build 4 HDMI-Based HTPCs (1 Viewer)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    despite the complete lack of power consumption considerations...

tangmonster

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    cape town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    i think power consumptions are overrated.

There are like 10000000000000000000000000000000000's of threads where people are sad that this and that doesn't work and then some guy says "it's your powersupply it needs to be at least 450 to 500 W and don't look at the wattage take x powersupply from x supplier with this amount of amps on the 12v and 3.3vline

and 100% of the time the user comes back with "nope didn't solve my problem"

IMO if your cheapass 350W power supply doesn't hack it , you wasted too much money on expensive 3d capable screen card and too little money on hdd space.

This post can ignored if you want to do hardcore gameing on your htpc and not just use it for movies and 2d applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 DE
    Hi , I try to put the recording on a network, but TVMOSAIC Server does not take into account the network paths in Recording Path; Do you think of a way of recording a network disc? THANKS Ludis
    Hi , I try to put the recording on a network, but TVMOSAIC Server does not take into account the network paths in Recording Path...
    The current TV engine (TVE3) for Media Portal 1 and 2 was developed long time before and is not state of the art any more...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom