ATI Catalysy 8.6 problem (2 Viewers)

Zeee

September 4, 2007
Osijek
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Working fine untill today when instaled catalyst 8.6. Watching tv in fullscreen result with no picture, only sound. Movies are working ok and tv when not in fullscreen mode...

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    I have reverted from CATALYST 8.6 back to 8.5 as it has caused to many problems on espeacialy XPsp2 and 3 .on three different test machines.

VPU recover constantly actioning.

Hardware acceleration failing or not present .

Corrupted 2d and 3d displays.

..because of the above I didn't update my VISTA test instals.

One sure test is when MP GUI is running pres shift+1 to bring up the FPS and details and you will get a VPU recover and crash.

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    I had also problems with DXVA and Catalyst 8.6 (blue screens after starting DXVA acceleration with Cyberlink filter, Hardware acceleration failing). Vista x64 with Radeon 3200. Even on a fresh installed system the same behaviour. Gone back to Catalyst 8.5 and everything works fine again.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    :oops: me too under Vista Business 32 bit. Cyberlink h264 pdvd8 not work in dxva and crash
    the system (blue screen of death or vpu recovery). no problem with cyberlink's mpg2 dvxa acceleration.
    no problem instead with mpc-home cinema video decoder and ArcSoft h264 video decoder either
    in dxva mode.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have reverted from CATALYST 8.6 back to 8.5 as it has caused to many problems on espeacialy XPsp2 and 3 .on three different test machines.

VPU recover constantly actioning.

Hardware acceleration failing or not present .

Corrupted 2d and 3d displays.

..because of the above I didn't update my VISTA test instals.

One sure test is when MP GUI is running pres shift+1 to bring up the FPS and details and you will get a VPU recover and crash.

Thanks for this information. I will not try Catalyst 8.6 so far. Still on 7.12 as all newer releases introduce slightly ghosting.

grubi.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    How about making some announcement or at least own thread for broken Catalyst 8.6 ?

This not SVN related discussion anymore..

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    How about making some announcement or at least own thread for broken Catalyst 8.6 ?

This not SVN related discussion anymore..

Thread here 'edit.. oops PD psoted first'

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...en-video-catalyst-8-6-hwacc-41299/#post276911

But depending on how widespread the problem is (somepeople don't update their CAT's every month) we can't give a global warning as some users may not have any problems.

We await further feedback from users/testers.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I got this from IRQ, but did not try:
    [13:25] <Spragleknas> Anybody else using ATi and not getting full-screen image when using latest drivers? (8.6)
    [13:33] <@tontsa> you need to go tweak the overscan/underscan
    [13:34] <@tontsa> it somehow defaults to 15% underscan
    [13:34] <@tontsa> in catalyst control center -> your display -> Scaling options
    [13:34] <@tontsa> and choose 0% overscan

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    can we maybe make a short list of good functioning catalyst versions? + a short list of typical problems with catalyst ver xx.
    Could be helpfull to eliminate a lot of common problems from users...

Users who are viewing this thread