ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Lerxst

Portal Member
    April 6, 2009
    Manchester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've uninstalled the original HD5450 driver and installed the preview driver. I'm experiencing pixellation and freezing part way through (audio continues ok) on the following clip

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ED theme SD video with karaoke soft-sub - Big & Free - Download area

Here's a screenshot taken showing the pixellation

4528108022_2c8ba584bc.jpg

From some of the other posts it sounds like I might have to wait a bit longer for ATI to sort things out?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: AW: ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding

Ok, here we go.
    A short clip.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/376893014/_aF_Gurren.Lagann.-.16.-.Zusammenfassung_E27E7284___1_-009.mkv
    It seems to me, that this bug is related to the Radeon 5670.
    On my other machine with a 4850 an Cat 10.2 there are no problems.

Here is an other link related to that Bug:
    Media Player Classic Home Cinema - DXVA! - Page 599 - Doom9's Forum

Thanks.
    I can confirm this pixelation on ATI 5770 and cat. 10.3 too using FFDShow DXVA decoder.
    Strange is that is doesnot happend when using PDVD 9 video decoder (DXVA on).
    This pointing to problem in FFDshow/MPC-HC DXVA docoder...

Lerxst

Portal Member
    April 6, 2009
    Manchester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It does look like there is a problem with the DVXA decoder as when I disable the hardware acceleration in ffdshow dxva configuration and open graphstudio I can play the file with ffdshow decoder without a hitch ( no picture freezes, pixellation or brief flashes of advance frames) but with much higher CPU utilisation. I was experiencing this with SAF 5.00 SVN and the 1.04.2010 release which is why I opted to use ffdshow + haali splitter + CoreAVC instead. I did have one other issue with SAF 5.00 and that was the fact that in the later version (1.04.2010) there was no subtitle menu available in MePo but it was there in the previous SVN.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    I ran some tests when I first experienced this issue. I use MPC-HC and the issues is only with DXVA playback. I have a 4650 card and had the issue with both 10.2 and 10.3. If I disabled DXVA both the ffdshow and MPC codecs played the files fine. Im sad to hear that the 10.5 driver still has this issue. I guess I won't even bother to install it.

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding

Cat 10.4 is out:
    ATI Catalyst? 10.4 Driver ? What?s New? | AMD at Play

New Windows Features

ATI Catalyst – Video enhancements

H.264 Level 5.1 support
    ATI Catalyst can now playback 5.1 level streams on all support players
    Allows for playback of high resolutions (4Kx2K)

AMD video transcoding updates

This release of ATI Catalyst provides enhanced support for the Windows 7 Drag and Drop video converter
    Performance improvements
    New formats supported (H.264 file formats – MTS, WTV, and WMV9 Complex profile interlaced content)
    ATI Catalyst Control Center™ option for enabling/disabling GPU acceleration
    Support for the ATI Video converter is now available in the advanced view of the ATI Catalyst Control Center

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: AW: ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding

bummer.
    installed it and realized that it wont persist my scaling options - under/over-scan settings.

when changing refreshrate / hz it reverts back to black bars.

win restore here i come.

btw on x64 win7 on a hd4770 card.

gibman

Cat 10.4 is out:
    ATI Catalyst? 10.4 Driver ? What?s New? | AMD at Play

New Windows Features

ATI Catalyst – Video enhancements

H.264 Level 5.1 support
    ATI Catalyst can now playback 5.1 level streams on all support players
    Allows for playback of high resolutions (4Kx2K)

AMD video transcoding updates

This release of ATI Catalyst provides enhanced support for the Windows 7 Drag and Drop video converter
    Performance improvements
    New formats supported (H.264 file formats – MTS, WTV, and WMV9 Complex profile interlaced content)
    ATI Catalyst Control Center™ option for enabling/disabling GPU acceleration
    Support for the ATI Video converter is now available in the advanced view of the ATI Catalyst Control Center

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding

No problems here (Radeon 5450/5770) with scaling.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just tried to install the 10.4 driver on 2 machines and after about 10 secs (after the installer says it's finished) i'm getting a popu that there isn't a driver installed :(
    Stuck @ 800x600 reso so rolled back to 10.3...

Users who are viewing this thread