ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding (1 Viewer)

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding

Did not read this articel for long time. Thx for the "reminder":

Still cant fint any profile 5.1 support there, but if the videos work fine for you it seems it just works.

Kamakazie!

May 2, 2010
    Home Country
    bummer.
    installed it and realized that it wont persist my scaling options - under/over-scan settings.

when changing refreshrate / hz it reverts back to black bars.

win restore here i come.

btw on x64 win7 on a hd4770 card.

gibman

Same here.
    Overscan is not persistent when siwtching between 50 Hz and 60 Hz.
    Additionally ADR HD ZDF HD and ARTE HD no longer work at all, with neither Cyberlink nore Windows 7 codec.
    IMHO this version is crap.
    Will try to revert back.

I'm also being faced with the scaling settings not being remembered between refresh rate changes when using the new Catalyst 10.4s. Back to the 10.3s.

Why don't you guys just setup profiles and use those to switch?
    I am having no problems with overscan. I have simply setup a profile for 60hz & 24hz both with overscan set to 0% and then just switch the profiles over when I want to change the refresh rate..

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

When I tried 10.4 (on W7x64) I could not achieve my target fps (50Hz) on 1080i content tried various codecs.

This was upgraded from 10.3 where fps was fine. It tried with both DXVA on and off - no joy.

Never noticed the issue with overscanning.

Back running 10.3 with DXVA and PDVD10 (thanks hoberg) :D

J.

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi guys!

found this thread in the amd forums with a fix for the scaling issue on newer catalyst drivers. unbelieveable amd releases such a thing :rolleyes:

anyway...hope this helps on your systems as well...

greetings,

blubserl

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Does anyone know if the new SAF5 builds incorporate the workaround to prevent corruption with 408p files? Someone posted that MPC disables DXVA for SD content to prevent the issues people were having with Cat 10.2+ but im not sure if or how that would be incorporated into SAF 5.

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding

Does anyone know if the new SAF5 builds incorporate the workaround to prevent corruption with 408p files? Someone posted that MPC disables DXVA for SD content to prevent the issues people were having with Cat 10.2+ but im not sure if or how that would be incorporated into SAF 5.

No, I have SAF5 installed and I can't find the option in ffdshow.
    I use now my own workaround, with a profile for ffshow based on the videoresolution to switch off dxva. ;)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: AW: Re: ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding

I use now my own workaround, with a profile for ffshow based on the videoresolution to switch off dxva. ;)

...and that is correct solution until the problem will be fixed :)

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Re: AW: Re: ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding

...and that is correct solution until the problem will be fixed :)

I assume that is because SAF5 does not use MPC DXVA anymore so their fix would not have any effect. I just was not sure if FFDSHOW would use the same code or something.

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: ATI DXVA 2.0 and h.264 with profile 5.1 and 16ref frames decoding

Yes, thats correct.
    So I thought they would also implement this workaround... but... :(
    But with the ffdshow profiles it's also working really good.
    Better is to blame on ATI for that **** bug ^^

Users who are viewing this thread