Available features in MP2? (1 Viewer)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @aspik you should also ask about misisng features of MP2.
    Aslo some users like me just don't like MP2 concept. It's looking too close to xbmc.
    By "looking like" you mean how it actually Looks on the Screen?
    Well thin can extremly be changed by a Skin.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Sorry, it was my mistake to join this discussion. It will be my last post in this thread.
    I kept myself away from MP2 discussion for a long time but I failed here :D
    I just don't like all-in-one conception. It's not about centralization.It's different term. If you want you centralization in MP1 check https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...video-my-pictures-and-folder-settings.129604/
    And I will think that MP2 is ready for everyday use when it will have sibtilles, bluray external audio, video editions support.
    Edalex out :D

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Edalex out :D
    Please don't leave the discussion :) I think it's really important to have such discussions to solve confusions/misunderstanding about MP2.
    That's what I meant about centralization, in MP1 you need an extra plugin for it, in MP2 it's already included, because MP2 works this way.
    And I will think that MP2 is ready for everyday use when it will have sibtilles, bluray external audio, video editions support.
    Referring to subs, completely agree with you, for me its also a showstopper ;)
    Bluray? If I remember correctly the Bluray handler is also included in MP2, @morpheus_xx correct me if I'm wrong.
    video editions support.
    Could you explain a bit more what you mean?:) what plugin/feature is this in MP1? :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here subtitles are working without issues, so I don't understand this "showstopper"...
    Even when watching 3D the subtitles are working and displayed correctly.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    That's what I meant about centralization, in MP1 you need an extra plugin for it, in MP2 it's already included
    I like the approach MP1 when the music separately, as individual, Pictures separately. Video in a directory, and not as it is done in XBMC or moving pictures. There's all in a heap, and it's not convenient. If MP2 as well as in moving pictures or XBMC, and can not be done because the MP1, then perhaps I will refrain from MP2, until he shall live in MP1.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    my setup I have Pictures in one folder, TV Series in 3 folders across 3 drives (ended, ended 2 and current) , Movies in 3 folders across 2 drives, each movie in it's own sub-folder (Kids Movies, Older Kids Movies and Movies). My Music is in one Folder on one drive ... sub-folders are by artist/band name, Movies, Holiday misc.-artist, and Collection misc.-artist (although it's just a little more complicated than that).

I like having a separate db for each type of media, but would go for centralized dbs for each type of media, with all the fan art and covers in one central location and shared across the network of clients. Don't like having them duplicated on each client, taking up storage.... cuts down the use of thin clients such as the nuc and other newer computer-on-a-stick resources that have minimum storage and memory resources, if any at all..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread