Background Fanart not downloaded (1 Viewer)

xadox

Portal Pro
August 18, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have reinstalled my HTPC from ground.
Everthing is working fine so far, but background fanarts in MPTV-Series are not downloaded automaticly anymore.
Banners and Covers are downloaded.

I am still using my old MPTV DB.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @xadox, if you are re-using an old database, it has references to the old fanarts it downloaded before. You will need to clear those.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any fast way to clear them up?
    In the past system reinstallations there was no need to delete those references.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Be sure you have the correct fanart settings enabled in Configuration/Online Data tab. In particular, ensure its enabled and that 'Update all existing Fanart on Import' is enabled for at least one import.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm... after some checking and re activating all the checkboxes still no real solution.
    As explained banners and series covers are downloaded right.

Fanarts backgrounds are downloaded only for completly new series. Series already in database are not getting fanarts.
    While in MePe and in MPTV-Series I can chose and download a fanart with the gui.

So like @RoChess said there has to be some old reference. Can I only delete those references with a DB tool. or is there a way with the MPTVSeries tool also?

spaceyoyo

Portal Member
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    I solved this with an additional software (sqlite browser) to empty the database table Fanart in tv database file.

But it's not an user friendly operation....

In my opinion, if i could made a suggestion, there should be a feature in My TV Serie plugin to automaticlly delete from database the references of non existing fanart file.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    There is a 3rd party plugin that can check for missing artwork references and clean things up, it does this for more then just MP-TVSeries as well, so you could check it out. It is great for those shows that are 'ended' that you deleted from MP-TVSeries database, but the artwork remains.

MPEI -> MPCleaner

It handles MyVideos, Music, Youtube.FM, Moving-Pictures, and MP-TVSeries.

@ltfearme might still want to look at something for default though, seeing as it is such an issue for a lot of users re-using an older backup.

spaceyoyo

Portal Member
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    There is a 3rd party plugin that can check for missing artwork references and clean things up, it does this for more then just MP-TVSeries as well, so you could check it out. It is great for those shows that are 'ended' that you deleted from MP-TVSeries database, but the artwork remains.

MPEI -> MPCleaner

It handles MyVideos, Music, Youtube.FM, Moving-Pictures, and MP-TVSeries.

This is not the same.
    MPCleaner scan the Fanart folder in order to delete files when there is no database reference.

Here, the issue is to delete database reference when there is no longer file.

Users who are viewing this thread