BasicHome editor requires MovingPictures [crashes without] (1 Viewer)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, it works but the basic home editor is crashing all the time. Reinstall does not help.
    Ik you start mediaportal it falls back to basic streamedmp.

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, it works but the basic home editor is crashing all the time. Reinstall does not help. Ik you start mediaportal it falls back to basic streamedmp.

editor working fine here?
    i have changed all my background pictures, linked the weather, changed the splash screen etc and it loaded STMP as i had set it up, still some stuff to alter but seems ok so far and no crash.

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    i am however having an issue now with mediaportal configuration error message when i click on plugins, pic attached.

Capture.JPG

not sure if its related but linked weather will not work, will check normal weather in a second.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i am however having an issue now with mediaportal configuration error message when i click on plugins, pic attached.

View attachment 128955

Same here.... selecting plugin section => crash
    Do a modify of the installation and ensure moving pictures is installed, it doesn't need to be enabled but does need to be installed.

Or you can install moving pictures from the repository.

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Do a modify of the installation and ensure moving pictures is installed, it doesn't need to be enabled but does need to be installed. Or you can install moving pictures from the repository.

is this documented anywhere as when installing i have the option to uncheck it as you will be aware of. will install MP again and test again thanks.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Do a modify of the installation and ensure moving pictures is installed, it doesn't need to be enabled but does need to be installed. Or you can install moving pictures from the repository.

is this documented anywhere as when installing i have the option to uncheck it as you will be aware of. will install MP again and test again thanks.
    I have already addressed it for next release:
    http://code.google.com/p/streamedmp/source/detail?r=3319

Added a check to determine if MovingPictures is selected in feature select
    dialog, if it's not selected and it's not already installed then a warning will
    prompt user to select it (only if the dependency i.e. BasicHome editor is also
    selected).

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I have already addressed it for next release:
    http://code.google.com/p/streamedmp/source/detail?r=3319

Added a check to determine if MovingPictures is selected in feature select
    dialog, if it's not selected and it's not already installed then a warning will
    prompt user to select it (only if the dependency i.e. BasicHome editor is also
    selected).

Wouldn't it be more user friendly to allow the BasicHome editor to be used when when no MP is installed? You can dynamicly add the dependencies based on the presence of MP.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, I had a crack at it earlier but MediaPortal still managed to complain when loading configuration. If I ran it outside of MediaPortal using the standalone exe that we also ship then it was okay.

If I have time later I will try again. For now you can just disable the plugin if you're not using it or not install the editor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread