BBC iPlayer Plugin (1 Viewer)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    just testing it - seems to work well - but i am getting a lot of flickering when video playes. semi-related - now see theres a HD option available for iPlayer - great quality!

biosonik

Portal Member
    March 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Revs, personally, I have no idea why the flicker. My laptop is pretty pish so I assumed it was the sheer limit of power causing it. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Problems with "try again later" on the iplayer. if its using build 0004+ then attempt to play a iplayer item and send me your mediaportal.log file (just search your main drive for: mediaportal.log)

gingertom

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    England England
    revs, apart from installing the plugin and skin file, did you set up anything else in the configuration to get it to work. Having probs here seeing anything?

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    didnt do anything other than drop in plugins and such.

as for the flicker - if i play normally through a webrowser there is no flicker, so must be the FLA player or something?

ah i cant wait till this works nicely (and with the HD option) - will be perfect!

gingertom

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    England England
    :oops:, got it working, though I checked that the IPlayer plugin was enabled, I hadn't enabled the iplayer flash player in the external players section ' doh'. This is excellent, off to do more testing.

biosonik

Portal Member
    March 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    flicker might be caused by incorrect invoke calls to the flash swf, most likely to get the time position. I need to supress the bbc's ad calls aswell. I know how to do it, I just can't be bothered just now. I've had enough for today.

P.S. please remember to enable the fla_player in mediaportal configuration before running the plugin. if you don't, you'll be stuck with error messages from bbc's iplayer.

happyf1sh

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well,

Looks like I've been overtaken.:(

I have something that works in the same way Tunerfree.
    I've managed to piece together TunerfreeMCE, tvgemest plugin and the web brower plugin so that the appropriate program is loaded.

It's a bit clunky at the moment as I'm only starting to learn programming.:oops:

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll put in the plugin.

Laters

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    nothing wrong wth having multiple options! or better yet - everyone can join together.

I would suggest you keep going, as you are new to programming and it will be a great practice for you!

gingertom

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Well,

Looks like I've been overtaken.:(

I have something that works in the same way Tunerfree.
    I've managed to piece together TunerfreeMCE, tvgemest plugin and the web brower plugin so that the appropriate program is loaded.

It's a bit clunky at the moment as I'm only starting to learn programming.:oops:

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll put in the plugin.

Laters

Keep you the good work happyf1sh, im sure many will like what you are doing, as tunerfreemce can be used to get US content as well.

Users who are viewing this thread