Blue3 Skinfiles For TV-Series (1 Viewer)

decorativeed

Portal Member
November 9, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ahhh. No, I don't. I have version 2.0.3156.27718

I followed the link to "Download latest SVN .dll-file (beta)" here: Extensions-Plugins/MP-TVSeries/Installation - MediaPortal Manual Documentation. Apparently it has not been updated for some time. I thought I had indeed downloaded the latest version. :D

To be honest, that's the cause of most of my problems so far with MP - that there are so many out of date links and under-explained (or just plain wrong) instructions (such as the one on the same page that tells you to "drop the file structure inside the .rar file into their MediaPortal directory (usually C:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal)" to install the plug-in).

An example of the under-explained (or equally likely my general day-to-day confusion) instruction is on the same page: "However, you still need to install/extract the above file (except if you are just upgrading)."

Does that mean that in my folder "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows", I should have just (in terms of MP-TVseries files) the SVN MP-TVSeries.dll you mentioned?

Thanks again for your help, by the way. If it were not for help from the likes of you and Gamejester on this forum, I think I'd have given up on MP by now!

Edit: It does seem to be working very well now with the SVN you linked to. Thanks once again.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, the Documentation is in desperate need of updating. I will devote some time to this after I release v2.1.

There is two files (dlls) that comes with TVSeries that should be in your plugins\Windows directory:

MP-TVSeries.dll (Main plugin)
    MediaInfo.dll (Scans files to retrieve mediainfo e.g. video bitrate, codecs etc

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Community, hiParanoid Delusion!

I am complete confused about the different Skinfiles for Blue3! Where can i get the right one!

These are the files created by gamejester for Blue3

Thought someone might want them :)

This is now only the skin files in download until gamejester fixes :)

View attachment 27908

EDIT:
    You'll find newest version :::HERE:::
    -Spragleknas

PD, you have posted a link to the newest version, but there aren't Skinfiles in this Link! At the moment i have this issue with missing background, i think, its skin-related:

Could you please help?

Best regards

Helios

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Blue3 Skin Files for 2.1.3320

Gamejester: I just downloaded TVSeries 2.1.3320 and I noticed you switched the default to the simple skin.

I want to use the animated version but the animations still fire weirdly when I first open TVSeries. I've attached a screenshot (TVseriesAnimation). It's only for a split second, but it is distracting!

In the Series List/WideBanners view I get distortions from SOME of the banners, not all of them. You can see it at the top of the screen under the header. I don't get this distortion using Damien's Blue3Wide files. Screenshot (TVSeriesBanners)

Hope you can figure out what is happening!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It was actually me who did the default to simple, I just want to minimize the glitches in the default that most people will see when they first install. Going forward, we can change that in a maintenance release.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I don't mind you changed the default, it makes sense, since it works well, but many skin developers are going to rely on the animated file as a basis for developing support for the new features of TVSeries in their skins. I'd just like to see it working before they duplicate the same glitches! I know it is complicated so I'm not blaming Gamejester, but we need a model to follow for 4:3 skins.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    The bugs are not in the skin file but it's complexity highlights a few bugs that still remain in the core.dll rendering engine and the tvseries plugin; these should be fixed over time. I think (but ltfearme will have more detail as I have not looked at the TVseries code in depth for a while) that the majority of the issues come from the order of condition evaluation and in the initialisation of the first plugin screen that is rendered.

The later issue can be seen by placing any animaiton on your first plugin page, say a long fade with fly in from teh right. This does not fire, instead the plugin page just appears. Contrast that to doing the same animation on the myvideos screen and you will see the difference. This has a knock on effect to condition visibility. FYI the reverse animation does fire when you go back from the plugin screen to the home screen.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ... the majority of the issues come from the order of condition evaluation and in the initialisation of the first plugin screen that is rendered.

The later issue can be seen by placing any animaiton on your first plugin page, say a long fade with fly in from teh right. This does not fire, instead the plugin page just appears. ...

That explains why I couldn't get the logo fade/slide in effect to work in TVSeries in the BleazleWide skin. In the end I decided to treat it like the MovingPictures plugin and deleted the logo - why spoil the look just for the sake of having a logo showing :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi gamejester,

I am using the skin files from the latest release, and with the blue3wide, I can view the series by filmstrip and it all looks fine. The pictures look as though I am viewing them from the front, and there are no overlaps. With the blue3 skin, the pictures look as though I am viewing them at an angle and the description text overlaps the pictures.

I don't suppose there is any way you could fix this view for blue3?

Thanks and best wishes,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread