Bugreports here please (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey.... Just thought I'd list in details the problems I'm having as it seems that work is happening fast with this skin (which is great to see)..... A lot of the plugins that are listed as having been skinned don't seem to have been ported quite right. I hope this is not something I'm doing wrong at my end, so please bare with me if I'm doing something wrong... Thanks

Global Search:
    Just a simple copy over, does not work..

MVids:
    works great except you have to press the up arrow instead of the side arrow to bring up the slide menu?

TV-Series:
    seems mostly fine except NoFocus seems to be perminantly active, and I have on the side a lot of weird listings saying "Sunday" "Wednesday"???

RadioTime:
    Seems to not have been imported, no background image and navigation is a gonner... This is a brilliant plug-in and worth the attention... Also seems to cause skin issues once I've exited from it..

Wikipedia:
    Not so much Wikipedia, but the font for the keys seems to be rather small and not utilizing the keyboard, maybe an idea to pinch the onscreen keyboard from StreamedMP as theirs is very nice..

WorldMaps:
    No background what so ever, simple fix I imagine, maybe just short of a correct link. But this does seem to also affect location input and more.

MediaSlayer:
    As expected, does not work, though I'm using 1.1b and not the recommended one in the skin.. It would be good to have the latest though as the new one has Blu-Ray and HDDVD support..

Sorry for the huge list, and I hope it doesn't come across as nagging or anything, this is an amazing skin and as far as I'm concerned should be the default by far.. Blue3 quite frankly is just not clean cut and modern enough for my personal liking. If there is any more descriptive info you need, please just spill.

Thank you for the detailed list, and I absolutely don't mind that you "bug" me, I really want as many details as possible to be able to fix the bugs/problems with the skin, so this is great :)

GlobalSearch is working for me? I can search for "madonna" and get results with her songs/albums...are you searching the proper fields?

mVids will I test tonight as I have the music db at home.

TV-Series is a little different in the skin-file I just updated (go download!) but the days you see (Wednesday, Monday etc. ) are the AIR-day of the show. I have now changed the default formatting to show the number of episodes in the selected show instead, as the airday is prety much useless. Remember, you can always override these settings by editing the formatrules in TV-Series yourself - the included formatting is just a simple default.
    What do you mean with "NoFocus" being always on? I'm a bit confused :p

RadioTime...well, I'll have to take a look at this too, as I'm pretty sure your'e correct ;)

Wikipedia, please test the updated skin. I fixed the font-size and reused the buttons from the original skin. Sorry, but the green hover-overlay is hardcoded in MP :mad:

WorldMap has been updated, please test :)

MediaSlayer has to be updated...I'll add it to my "todo" list.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    heya pilehaven. i tried it in 1280x720 and it worked. but the resolution looked awfull on my 21" dell screen :D but on the tv its perfect.... i just have t o slap dell on this one :D

another thing i noticed. if the title is very long in the tvseries section it will overlap the airday field. e.g Terminator - the sarah connor chronicles .
    maybe make it a fadelabel or something . see attachment.:D

Please test the new version with the new font included. Should fix the overlapping.

explodedk

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    [qoute]Please test the new version with the new font included. Should fix the overlapping.[/qoute]
    it fades now as it should. but the resolution is still bugging me :D its funny i haven't seen that in any other skin, nor the streamedmp . but i dunno. i don't care as long as it works with in 720p on my tv :D

explodedk

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hey again pilehaven. i found another that should have a fadelabel when ya update next time, in the moving pictures.

see attached.

another thing. is it posible to make a shortcut in movingpictures and tvseries to a settings where you could choose list, filmstrip, icons, bigicons view...

would be neat....

Attachments

• overlap2.png
      overlap2.png
      947.9 KB

Benjo

Portal Member
    January 26, 2008
    Hi Pilehave,
    i have installed your new update and now when i open Mediaportal there is the message that says that the Version in use is outdated!!. I use mEdiaportal 1.0 final, and this didn't happen with the previous release, why?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Pilehave,
    i have installed your new update and now when i open Mediaportal there is the message that says that the Version in use is outdated!!. I use mEdiaportal 1.0 final, and this didn't happen with the previous release, why?

Please open references.xml in your MediaStream directory and check if it says <version>1.0.0.0</version> in line #6.

Then please check MediaPortal.log (post back and tell if you run Vista or XP if you can't find it) and check the version-number in the first line. This should be 1.0.0.21149 as far as I recall. Any higher is SVN, any lower is not 1.0.0.0 but a RC4 or the like.

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    When mouse control is enabled, I won't be able to glide the timing bar back and forth while watching movie. I mean the position of mouse cursor has to be precise, a little bit higher than the bar to glide, otherwise I can;t do anything

In watching movie mode, could you make the mouse cursor position a little bit lower before the progressive bar disappears ?

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    I found another bug in My Film. In filmstrip view, sometimes the thumbnail is missing, it only shows when you choose the filmstrip view from beginning. After switch back and forth between view types, it won't show anymore. See attachment

3216007617_29e87282f1_o.jpg

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the amazing responce time... You pretty much have fixed everything I mentioned.. Any thing that has not resolved I will just mention down here again.. So here we go...

OnlineVideos 0.51:
    Has came out, might be worth looking into as the plugin has changed a lot...

Last.FM:
    For some reason the cover art does not appear in the top left hand corner where the title and artist names rest.. On another note, not so much a bug but a suggestion.. I notice your using artist photos rather than cd cover art where the cd cover art use to go.. Why not keep with the cd cover art and use the photo art as a background, aspect ratio is not that important to keep if used as a background image... I will see if I can mod something up to demonstrate.

WorldMap:
    Good job, works fine, just marely a asphetic suggestion. The black space that appears up when you enter in your text.. Would it not be cool to mock up something that represented an envelope instead :)

TV Shows: (Series)
    Notice how the show I have selected "Family Guy" is not white but dark gray like the other selections.. Hence Nofocus is on all of them. Hope that makes better sense.

TVSeries-1.jpg

Oh and another thing... Yet again, can not see the visual or album art in the top right hand corner..

My Explorer:
    Needs background image defined...

Global Search:
    When I went to searchphrase it just froze....Only graphically, could still hear the dialogue from the radio station I was listening to. Might want to look into that..

YouTube.FM:
    Looks like it is not converted quite right.. Thanks

Ok.. I think thats most of it at the moment... I'm going to have a try modding some stuff. Will tell you how I go.. '

Thanks again for your awsome speedy responce. :D

Sorry another thing...

Current Play List:
    When going to Current Playlist in the music section, it comes up only with a blank screen.. the background image is there and I can press escape to get back to music but I'm not able to get the scrobble or any of those functions unless I use the mouse, even then it's not easy.. Also in my videos you have the "Plugins" text and then list the plugins like trailers.. You should do the same with music with things like "Lyrics" Thanks

Sorry man, but also going to need a fadelable in there as the text is going over the up down and remove arrows on the play list...

Users who are viewing this thread