Calling all users and plugin devs: Do you use MPInstaller in MediaPortal ? (1 Viewer)

Do you use MPInstaller in MediaPortal ?

• Yes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes, but i don't find enught supported extension

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No, it is hard to use

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No, MP 0.2.2 stable isn't supported

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No, i am dev., don't have feedback about my extensions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know wath is it

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
I try to localize the problem with MPInstaller.

Feel free to comment your choice.

:D

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    First of all Dukus, thanks for a great job with this tool.
    I find it very usefull, and if it would be incorporated with MP and MP website, I think it would get much much more exposure and developers would start using it for their plugins.

scythelt

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Agree with Piranha. You've done some great work dukus, but it needs more exposure. Further, I think both the website hosting the plugins and the plugin installer itself need to be integrated into MP better.

- Require (force) plugin developers adding plugins to the official MP site to make an extension package available (as well as a standard zip if desired).

This would mean any plugin added to the MP site is automatically available for install/update via the extension installer and the onus is on the plugin developers, not yourself to keep plugins up-to-date in extension package installer format.

- Liase with the MP developers to integrate the extension installer into the MP Configuration app. If it were integrated into the config app, it'd get a whole lot more exposure in an instant and would probably get developers more interested in releasing plugins in the package format right from the start.

See http://addons.mozilla.org/ for an example of the model that I think should be adopted.

Basically for an extension installer to work, the community needs to move from the adhoc plugin release system as it stands today, to a more structured release system with a standard package download that the extension installer can use from within MP Config.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is about the extension installer I guess?
    If so, I've tried it several times, but every time I end up unpacking the Extension with winrar to make sure the skin I use is supported and if not, copy the contents of the BlueTwo folder in package to the Project Mayhem III folder.

I love the idea. Escpecialy of this could get a frontend in MP itself. But if there is no option to copy the BlueTwo and/or BlueTwo wide skinfiles to a variable skin directory it loses my interest.

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    It is a good idea i implement in next release, but a default skin needed to bee defined

After 0.2.3.0 final release this system will bee integrate in official site or a team supported site, but now must important is to release a stable MP

Users who are viewing this thread