[solved] Cannot get FH Holiday to work (1 Viewer)

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I just tried deleting the contents of FanartHandler.Holidays.xml and it works!

custom date.png

Last error is with Daylight Savings time. When I have them in it errors.
    RefreshHolidayProperties: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.

This is caused because my timezone does not have DST. I wanted to know when the other states had it though.

XML:
        <Holiday name="Daylight Savings Time Begins" shortname="DaylightSavings|DaylightSavingsBegin">
            <DSTStart />
            <NameDE>Beginn der Sommerzeit</NameDE>
        </Holiday>
        <Holiday name="Daylight Savings Time Ends" shortname="DaylightSavings|DaylightSavingsEnd">
            <DSTEnd />
            <NameDE>Ende der Sommerzeit</NameDE>
        </Holiday>

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I have seen issues like this when the local clock is in an unexpected format. Mine is dd/mm/yyyy.
    There is no date string work in the code, it uses C# intrinsic functions, it shouldn't be a problem.
    I just tried deleting the contents of FanartHandler.Holidays.xml and it works!
    Strange ... Strange ... Try this file out of the box, without your edits. mediaportal-fanart-handler/Installer/config/FanartHandler.Holidays.xml at master · yoavain/mediaportal-fanart-handler

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There is no date string work in the code, it uses C# intrinsic functions, it shouldn't be a problem.

Strange ... Strange ... Try this file out of the box, without your edits. mediaportal-fanart-handler/Installer/config/FanartHandler.Holidays.xml at master · yoavain/mediaportal-fanart-handler
    I edited my answer as you responded. I can confirm the issue is because my timezone has no DST.
    When I changed my timezone to Melbourne I got no errors.

But it's handy to know when the other states in Australia start and finish DST.
    Maybe a feature enhancement?

I looked it up and DST starts first Sunday in October, and ends first Sunday in April.
    How would I edit the xml to do this?

Father's day is first Sunday of September. I don't know if the code handles these.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread