[Evaluate] Change of "Gleich:" to "Danach:" (1 Viewer)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Change of "Gleich:" to "Danach:"

And the other way around, german is often much more precise...Exit is well translated with "zurück", isn't it?
But why not discuss some things and make a poll? If layout stays as it is it's ok.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    And I don't speak enough German to understand the difference, and of course it is pointless trying to translate it back t English to explain !

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    True ... "Gleich" indicates that something is coming within a short time - I'm going to come in a few Minutes you could take as example. "Danch" means like "after". The Problem is that noramly you get the "Gleich" Jingle during the last or the last two commercial before the next show as info what is going to come. The "Next" you are goingto get the whole time as it's not that precise,

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well - if we had enough space I would prefer "Anschließend" - fits nice and you don´t have to fight wether "Gleich" or "Danach" is better.
    BTW: I already fixed the German language file so the view meaning lists, icons etc is called "Layout" and the view meaning shares or database is "Ansicht".
    This was necessary for the upcoming MP 1.3.0 Alpha :D

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok - Anschließend - like that :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well - if we had enough space I would prefer "Anschließend" - fits nice and you don´t have to fight wether "Gleich" or "Danach" is better.
    BTW: I already fixed the German language file so the view meaning lists, icons etc is called "Layout" and the view meaning shares or database is "Ansicht".
    This was necessary for the upcoming MP 1.3.0 Alpha :D

So do we have enough room for "Anschließend" ? If so, could you please update the language file and post it in the internal 1.3.0Alpha thread?

Thanks,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread