Changing language does not clear the cache (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    1. Start configure and select an another language (in my case from hungarian to english)
    2. Start MP client (see the attached screens)
    It is fixable if the cache is deleted after language changeing.

home.PNG videos.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Yes it is reproducible but you have do it like this (assume that you're from Hungary and you use MP for the first time, skin cache is empty, MP Windows setting will set GUI language according to user locale, in this case Hungary):

1. Clear skin cache

2. Start MP Windows configuration

3. Set GUI to Hungarian language

4. Close Windows MP settings

5. Start MP

6. Close MP

7. Open Windows MP settings again

8. Change GUI language to English

9. Close Windows MP settings

10. Start MP and enjoy in big bananas :)

To be clear, changing language from MP GUI Skin setting is OK.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    The reason why in GUI this works is because GUI language change will clear font cache but windows MP language change just write setting in config but do not delete cache.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yes I know but I need a confirm before patch it. ;)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I saw this weird fonts once.
    Also please pay you attention to changing skin themes and overlapping of original and translated labels. Everybody told me that's not reproducable but I saw it myself many times and I 'm almost sure nothing has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSim was right. There was an order. I just checked the server configuration. But the command was in the client configuration of Powersheduler. I've corrected it now and hope it works now. I thank you for the support.
    @CyberSim was right. There was an order. I just checked the server configuration. But the command was in the client configuration...
    So far I have used the MCS standby tool to close the MP client before standby. This doesn't seem to work anymore and causes me to...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom