coming attractions page (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I've got it scraping the info from yahoo and displaying theatres, then movies when you select a theatre, then the movie times when you select the movie.
All this in MP.
Next step: get the IMDB info for the movies.

A

Anonymous

Fantastic,

I am impressed at how quickly you are developing this.

Is this working just with the US site at the moment or is there support for some of the other countries yet i.e. Australia :lol:

May I be so bold to ask as a feature request that you make movie trailer downloads an option. Trailers are not very dialup friendly. :oops:

A

Anonymous

If at all, the trailers will be the last thing i implement.
As far as handling other countries goes. It depends on how yahoo's pages for the other countries look.
I'll just try and run one of the other sites through and see what happens.
It's definitely handling the US and Canada now.

A

Anonymous

knubile said:
If at all, the trailers will be the last thing i implement.
As far as handling other countries goes. It depends on how yahoo's pages for the other countries look.
I'll just try and run one of the other sites through and see what happens.
It's definitely handling the US and Canada now.

I think a stand alone plugin probably is the best solution for trailers. If you arent going to make it maby someone else? 8)

A

Anonymous

I have a long list of things I would like to do/make for Media Portal, including a Bluetooth phone plugin, and an ODBII plugin. Can you guess my Media Portal system is going to be in my car? :)

So I know I won't be spending too much time on just this one plugin. When this gets into the CVS, I would love for somebody else to continue to work on it and put in all the features that everyone else would like. I won't mind in the least.
Any takers? :)

A

Anonymous

knubile said:
I have a long list of things I would like to do/make for Media Portal, including a Bluetooth phone plugin, and an ODBII plugin. Can you guess my Media Portal system is going to be in my car? :)

So I know I won't be spending too much time on just this one plugin. When this gets into the CVS, I would love for somebody else to continue to work on it and put in all the features that everyone else would like. I won't mind in the least.
Any takers? :)

what would the bluetooth plugin do? and whats odbii? :p

A

Anonymous

Love to see and ODBII plugin. Even if I had to drive the old Buick into the living room, I can see the value of that. Go get 'em....

*On-Board Diagnostics Ver II, for reading the Black Box in the '95~ automobiles.

A

Anonymous

bluetooth plugin will handle your phone for you. I want it to show all your contacts in your phone, initiate a call from media portal, automatically pause the music or video when the phone rings and allow you to pick up or hang up a call from media portal as well.

A

Anonymous

Alright. Phase one is done. It works for the US and Canada right now. It retrieves the theatres in your region, all movies playing, the movie length and the showtimes for that movie in that theatre.
It allows you to select up to 4 days in advance and saves all this information on your local drive.

Here are a couple of pics. It needs some artwork for sure. That I can't do. Hopefully someone will volunteer an image for the main menu.

theaters.jpg

movies.jpg

To Do:
IMDB data(poster, plot, etc..)
Clean up data from past days
Artwork
More Countries

Users who are viewing this thread