coming attractions page | Page 5

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by Anonymous, August 26, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i concur whats up?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    knubile

Just noticed over at the GB-PVR site, someone has posted a Cinema listings plugin with source code available:

http://www.gbpvr.com/plugins.html

I haven't look at the code at all but it seems to use RSS feeds to get the information.

Just thought you might want a look.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks interesting. I couldn't get that theater listing app to do anything. Didn't try it with the software installed and the plugin. Just tried that app by itself.
    Has anybody else tried it?

I've kind of put development of the plugin on hold until Frodo puts it in CVS. I'm starting work on other thing for my carPC. As soon as Frodo adds it to CVS and there's some feedback, I'll see what else will be implemented.

5. Frodo
    • Premium Supporter

Frodo Retired Team Member

Professional .NET developer
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Your plugin is very nice
    but its only for people living in the us & canada
    thats why i didnt add it to cvs yet
    When more countries are supported then i'll add it to cvs

Frodo

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I created it so it would be easy to add other parsers. This way anyone interested in parsing another site can do so.
    This being an open source community project, I figured that would be alright.
    It's also not hard for anybody not in the US and Canada to simply not use the plugin.
    I'm sure there are many users in the US and Canada who would like to use it.
    Can it be added to CVS anyways?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It doesn't seem like Frodo wants to add this to CVS anymore until it parses sites for other countries besides the US and Canada.
    I've already moved on to working on my Bluetooth plugin.
    Does anybody else want to writes a parser for another site? If you're interested, let me know.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This seems like a real shame Knubile. Everyone here thought it looked absolutely fantastic.

Can't add more support because its not in CVS, can't get it in CVS because it hasn't got more support. Sounds like something we must be able to get sorted.

I am no programmer so I don't think I could help. If it is just a case of digging through source html code, I might be able to give you listing of "tag-name" translations. However I fear it is more complicated than that.

Can someone not host this so people from other yahoo regions can add to it? If we could only persuade Samsonite to go some groovy graphics for it. :p Then frodo would want it included :wink:

9. MrMario64
    • Premium Supporter

MrMario64 Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thing is, we just cannot put a half done plugin in CVS.
    Imagine the mess we get in when more plugins are added to CVS only half done.

When a plugin is finished it will be put in CVS, then it's ready for the big test and debugging can be done.

This has got nothing to do with not finding a plugin nice or whatever.
    We allready made this mistake on a different plugin and we learned.

10. Schrauber

Schrauber Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    You can upload the code to Sourceforges patches section. So we can download it and add support for other countries.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Knubile, any chance you could post what you've done so far on SF (or host it somewhere else) so we can all try and localise it.

thanks

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!