coming attractions page (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

blutooth? phones? buicks? WTF?!?!

This puppy is going in my car with a 7" widescreen touchscreen. It might as well be a hands free kit for the phone too, not to mention GPS and vehicle info.

I don't drive a Buick though. :)
I drive a Protege 5.

A

Anonymous

knubile said:
Alright. Phase one is done. It works for the US and Canada right now. It retrieves the theatres in your region, all movies playing, the movie length and the showtimes for that movie in that theatre.
It allows you to select up to 4 days in advance and saves all this information on your local drive.

Here are a couple of pics. It needs some artwork for sure. That I can't do. Hopefully someone will volunteer an image for the main menu.

theaters.jpg

movies.jpg

To Do:
IMDB data(poster, plot, etc..)
Clean up data from past days
Artwork
More Countries

holy SH!!!!!!!T.

looks fantastic. man. you just doubled the awesomeness of mediaportal. Think ordering tickets online can be integrated?

A

Anonymous

Knubile, that is fantastic. Just hope there is a clever aussie or kiwi who can help you add in support for my local yahoo site. In what language have you written the plugin? How difficult do you think it will be to add additional site support?

Well done.

knubile said:
Here are a couple of pics. It needs some artwork for sure. That I can't do. Hopefully someone will volunteer an image for the main menu.

Samsonite??? You're the king at these things. 8)
How about a couple of graphics to compliment your mce skin. I'm sure this will be a "must-have" plugin for most people.

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
I'm currently using Media Engine in my Carputer (its in a Cadillac STS) but will switch to MediaPortal once I get a chance.

Carputer has EPIA/80GB/ and a nice daylight visible tft (not touch though). Pretty nice setup with GPS and all.

-jadz

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    knubile,
    Looks great.
    But the screenshots reveal that it won't work on a TV currently with overscan.
    Please mind this and use the same settingas as any other page in the mce skin.
    This to keep the same level of usability and look.

Thanx!

A

Anonymous

But the screenshots reveal that it won't work on a TV currently with overscan.

There's where I have no idea what's going on. :)
    What should I be paying attention to for that? The outer bounds? Is there a set amount of space to leave?

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    knubile,

if you make everything skinnable then it's no problem and I will take care of it.

A

Anonymous

It's all skinnable right now. Maybe I should just get it into CVS so you can go from there?
    Then I'll see how to handle overscan and do that way in the first place with my next plugin.
    I'll be on IRC today. I'll get your help with CVS if you have time.

A

Anonymous

Knubile

Any news on this plugin?
    Is it going to get added into CVS for others to play with?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread