coming attractions page | Page 6

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by Anonymous, August 26, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there anybody out there willing to write a scraper for another site?
    PM me or post here.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you get any takers Knubile?

Just hope this plugin doesn't die away. It has such great potential. No chance you would upload it to sf. I'll have a look and see what I can do for the Australia/NZ yahoo site. I'm not a programmer though so I wouldn't make any promises :oops:

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope. No takers. I've stopped developing anything for MP. It's been kind of frustrating.
    As far as the coming attractions stuff goes, there's some stuff in the pipeline. When anything pans out, i'll post the info. It will however take someone to develop the actual plugin for MP.

5. MrMario64
    • Premium Supporter

MrMario64 Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thats not nice to hear...

We ofcourse want your work in MP very much!
    And we never ever meant to give you the feeling your work was not appreciated, as nothing is less true.

But you have to understand that we cannot put everything in CVS.
    This plugin only works for a limited amount of people.
    We had this same thing with the xmltv patch, we put it in way too soon.
    Luckily thats all been fixed and xmltv is starting to shape up nicely.

Now, we should start talking in a way to get this plugin finished.
    What is the problem?
    Is it time from your side?
    Is it that you need a host?
    Is it that you want a field test first?

I don't understand you stopped working because we did not want to put it in cvs YET!!!

Again, we did not put it in CVS because we don't like your plugin or anything!!

What should be done to give you back the pleasure of working on MP?
    As thats what it should be for you... fun.....

I'm sorry if we caused you any unneeded frustration....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's just time MrMario. I didn't take anything personally. My CarPC project is just really time consuming. I built the movie times page because I wanted it for myself. I offered it to MP because some people here wanted it, and to allow other developers to get it to work for other countries.

It is complete. It can be extended for other countries. I don't have a TV capture card. So I simply turn off the MyTV plugin.
    Not all plugins are for all people. This one is capable of being for all people, but I have plenty of there coding to do(bluetooth phone, gamma correction for day/night mode, etc..).

I can't spend all my time on extending the show times plugin for other countries. That's where the open source community concept comes in.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just posted what I have as a patch in sourceforge. If you anybody can extend it to work with other countries that would be great.
    All you have to do is see how YahooScraper.cs is used.
    I should have made an Scraper interface perhaps. It's only got one or two methods used publicly.

If you're developing an extension for another country, feel free to ask me for help in trying to understand the code.

oh ya. Your first step in adding a new country is adding it to the supported countries enum and a case statement in the GetURLForCountry method in your own new class.
    Look how it's done in the YahooScraper. If you some develops another scraper, I can jump back into this to make it automatically select the appropriate scraper based on Country supported.

8. ojo

ojo Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I was thinking of having a shot at a danish scraper. Just checked Sourceforge, but your post doesn't seem to hold any attachments ?

;-) Ojo

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ojo, remeber Denmark is included in this list, so you should be able to use the local Yahoo site.

Everyone, I think yahoo has a couple of other countries supported since I posted this, so check your local yahoo site first. Might save you a bit of time. :wink:

Knubile, apparently you need to make sure you tick a box to upload the patch to sf. Don't know if this means anything, but I got this tip off MrMario64 a few days on irc, as hamheed was having problems uploading. Maybe we have run out of our sf space???

10. tomtom21000
    • Premium Supporter

tomtom21000 Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0
    upload seems to be limited to 500 kb.
    i expirienced this when trying to upload a manual.

tomtom21000

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did anyone get a copy of the source for this? Can we get it uploaded somewhere?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!