Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    sorry for my bad english

Thanks cul8er for this great skin.

I was also jumping on the aeonbasic mod bandwagon like everyone else.

View attachment 41757

I did this because i was not happy with the xfactor basichome.

But the xfactor is one of my Favorite skin so i had to try making a mod of the basichome so it's suits me better.

Bear in mind that my Abilities to skin isn't the best. :(

View attachment 41758View attachment 41759

Looks cool though I'm sure your pictures doesn't quite do your modification justice. So releasing the files will please us! :D

Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Nice mod ;)

best regards
    cul8er

SixSox

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Update xfactor mod

I have worked on a new submenu and som new gfx

I'm probably the only one who think that nowplaying that has been removed was unique for the xfactor.
    So i am keeping it in my mod but in a new layout.

I have to clean op the Basichome so It's easier to edit
    and maybe som guide lines on how to make the submenu you want.

Resolution:
    1024* and up

xfactor mod.jpgxfactor mod with sub.jpgxfactor mod with weather.jpg

SixSox

heintje

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

resolution:

1024*768 (It dosen work very well, the font in the submenu is getting to big in that resolution on the xfactor)
    1280*720 Ok
    1360*768 Ok (On a 40 Sony Bravia LCD)
    1440*900 Ok

It would be fantatsic to have a well working version für 1024*768! Is anyone able to do that?

Bye
    Heintje

SixSox

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

resolution:

1024*768 (It dosen work very well, the font in the submenu is getting to big in that resolution on the xfactor)
    1280*720 Ok
    1360*768 Ok (On a 40 Sony Bravia LCD)
    1440*900 Ok

It would be fantatsic to have a well working version für 1024*768! Is anyone able to do that?

Bye
    Heintje

I have made a version in 1024*768 you can try it out and see if it's what your want ?

Remember to make a copy of your own files first ;)

have fun

View attachment xfactorhome mod 1024.rar

lazy

Portal Member
    June 18, 2008
    Thanks. ;)

Revned, regarding your weather issues: just like with the normal X-factor skin and Emph's mod you will need the RSS-Ticker plugin. More instructions are in the attachment.

To everyone: I've created a new package including four different versions: the normal one, the one with multiple backgrounds, a new one with the 3 extra buttons and a combined one with multiple backgrounds and extra buttons. Includes instructions, so should be easy to pick the one that fits your needs. ;)

Thijs_O

P.S. Attached picture shows the extra buttons 'in action'.:)

hi thijs_o,
    I want to use your mod but how can i add moving pictures plugin to the basichome instead of accessing from plugins?
    I want to be able to access my videos and movies (moving pictures) from the main menu/ Since i am not an experienced user any help would be great

providers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @all mod makers :)

I dont know if its possible at all,
    If I want to see lyrics to a song played in LastFM.xml, then I have to zap to the lyrics page.
    Isent it possible to show lyrics direct on the last.fm page?

I was thinking if the cover/info was a little smaller and pulled up, then there would be a lot of space down under for the lyrics?
    Can/will anybody make that?

The last mylyrics v1.31b support lyrics for last.fm

rgs.
    Providers

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread