Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry for that poor English but I just had a baby and so my night are shorts ... :cool:
    Thanks for your informations I'll try right now !!

No problem. And a big CONGRATULATIONS on the baby!
    Emph

MarcosQui

Portal Member
    August 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hello everybody, I am MarcosQui from Brazil.
    I made a mod for this skin.

Unfortunately this serves only for Brazilian friends because have customized texts, however could be the basis of which is adapted to its use.

Best regards and congratulations to Cul8er for the excellent skin.

link for download

climas.jpg

animeu.jpg

trailersd.jpg

tetrisx.jpg

picsa.jpg

seletor.jpg

rssq.jpg

rss2.jpg

homezjj.jpg

filmesaaw.jpg

offt.jpg

desligar.jpg

basichome.jpg

sergiocos

Portal Pro
    March 31, 2009
    Targoviste
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi, MarcosQui! I noticed, before you edited your post, a download link of the mod! Now it's gone. However, if you (or your friends) achieve some nice mods, i hope you will be kind enough to share with us. Thanks!

Flippinga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2009
    Pijnacker
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My splashscreen and menu pictures

Hi all,

I made a splashscreen for the XFactor skin i want to share.
    Also did two menu pics for the menu.

Done with Photoshop, tell me what you think.
    It does not say XFactor, so it can be used on any skin, but the top bar is from XFactor skin...

Rename files from .jpg to .png and place in XFactor/media folder.
    If you want to use the menu pictures, you have to point to them in the XFactor configurator

Cul8er,
    I can pm the splashscreen as .pcd for you to edit (logo can be extracted from it in higher resolution) if you like.

cheers,
    Flip

Attachments

• splashscreen.jpg
      splashscreen.jpg
      245.4 KB
    • menu_other.jpg
      menu_other.jpg
      7.6 KB
    • menu_other_color.jpg
      menu_other_color.jpg
      8.3 KB

Imokles

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I changed my basichome to look like the one in the attached screenshot. This is not strictly a mod but just some edits to basichome.xml but I thought I share it anyway.

What I did is the following:
    1. Change menu layout to "Vertical menu with RSS" within MP with screenselector
    2. Open file "basichome.xml" in the media subdirectory of the skin folder with your favourite text editor.
    3. Remove all blocks that start with
      <control>
      <description>Menu X</description>
      Should be six blocks. Those contain the menu pictures.
    4. For all blocks with "Menu X Submenu Background Top" and "Menu X Submenu Background Bottom" in section "Animation effect" change value of "end" from 100 to 75.
    5. For all blocks with "Menu X Submenu Background Bottom" change value "posY" from 666 to 665
    6. In block "Bg Now Playing Top Line" change value "PosY" by 120 to 595
    7. In blocks "Bg Now Playing Top Line" and "Bg Now Playing Bottom Line" change height from 10 to 5
    8. Replace in block "RSS Items":
      <font>xfactorBC12</font>
      <textcolor>FF7d7d7d</textcolor>
    9. Replace in block "Menu Background":
      <height>70</height>
      <texture>menu_bg_aeon_norss.png</texture>
    10. Close editor. Copy basichome.xml to BasicHomeVerticalRSS.xml (same folder) to avoid modifications being overwritten when you change the menu layout.

Keep in mind that if you generate a new menu with the X-Factor menu generator the changes are lost and have to be redone.

Attachments

• X-Factor.JPG
      X-Factor.JPG
      152.4 KB

demomanTNA

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Flippinga that splash screen is perfect. I'm using it right now on my setup. It looks amazing on my HD set. Great work!

Flippinga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2009
    Pijnacker
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Flippinga that splash screen is perfect. I'm using it right now on my setup. It looks amazing on my HD set. Great work!

Thanks a lot for your kind words!
    I'm glad you like it!

Because of this, here is an attachment of another splashscreen i am working on...

cheers,
    Flip

Attachments

• splashscreen.jpg
      splashscreen.jpg
      299 KB

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is someone better with code than myself working on a mod for Beta users, without having to change code? I guess it involves the configuration plugin as well?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread