[Videos] Comskip Timeline (1 Viewer)

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    I started working on this patch. I am looking for an answer to a couple questions:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ection-guipropertymanager-setproperty-103459/

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...st-here-48/question-about-g_player-cs-103447/

If any developers has a couple seconds to answer those then it would be really helpful, otherwise, I am just going to give it my best shot.

I think that there are a couple things that need to be done.

1.) I need to make the jump points accessible via a getter method
    2.) need to pass jump points and chapters to the skin
    3.) need to have an option in the skin for a texture for commercials.
    4.) update GUITVProgressControl to render the new texture for any given jump points.

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    Hey Guys,

I finally got around to getting to spend a couple hours on this. The coding was actually not bad. I have working code in my Git Trunk, so I just need to work with the Devs to try to get it into the main repo.

Feedback is welcome...
    The skin config looks like this - For the jump texture I used the existing orange image, but you could use anything:
    Code:
    <control>
          <description>TV Progress Bar</description>
          <type>tvcomskipprogress</type>
          <id>1</id>
          <posX>90</posX>
          <posY>484</posY>
          <width>362</width>
          <height>16</height>
          <toptexture>osd_progress_indicator.png</toptexture>
          <TextureOffsetY>17</TextureOffsetY>
          <bottomtexture>-</bottomtexture>
          <texturetick>-</texturetick>
          <lefttexture>-</lefttexture>
          <midtexture>-</midtexture>
          <righttexture>-</righttexture>
          <logotexture>-</logotexture>
          <fillbackgroundtexture>-</fillbackgroundtexture>
          <fillbgxoff>0</fillbgxoff>
          <fillbgyoff>0</fillbgyoff>
          <filltexture1>osd_progress_mid_red.png</filltexture1>
          <filltexture2>osd_progress_mid.png</filltexture2>
          <filltexture3>osd_progress_mid_orange.png</filltexture3>
          <jumptexture>osd_progress_mid_orange.png</jumptexture>
          <fillheight>16</fillheight>
          <label>#TV.Record.percent1</label>
          <label1>#TV.Record.percent2</label1>
          <label2>#TV.Record.percent3</label2>
          <labeljumppoints>#TV.Record.jumppoints</labeljumppoints>
          <labelchapters>#TV.Record.chapters</labelchapters>
          <startlabel />
          <endlabel />
          <toplabel />
          <font>font10</font>
          <textcolor>FFffffff</textcolor>
          <visible>!control.hasfocus(1237)</visible>
        </control>

Attachments

• Comskip Markers.png
      Comskip Markers.png
      805.1 KB

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am really looking forward to it. If you have a compiled version I can put on my system I wouldn't mind testing (based of 1.2.2).

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was wathching recorded TV last night thinking how nice it would be to have ad break markers. And Lo! Here it is the very next morning. Sweet!

Nice one mattjcurry, looking forward to testing this too. Thank you!

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    Alright, so the files that are attached I think will do it...

You still have to make the skin edits manually as oulined in the previous post.

Please let me know if you have any issues with it and I can go ahead and upload additional files if needed.

Also, if you like the feature, then please like my post here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/show-comskip-markers-in-timeline.105894/#post-845308

I am very interested on your impressions on performance. It was hard to guage on my system, but it seemed like the whole OSD gets redrawn on a timer if you leave it open, so there may be a bit of a performance penalty to this enhancement. I am going to post on the developer forum to see if anyone has any ideas.

Attachments

• ComskipTimeline.zip
      1.2 MB

manyakim

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2005
    Zeeland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried to see this in action but unfortunately this version is designed for 1.2.0, and my machines run on the 1.2.2. version.
    I'm so curious that i will downgrade to test this option.

Thank you for all your time and effort to make MePo even better :)

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    Yes, the version will show as 1.2.0, because when you checkout from Git that is the version of the master branch, even though it contains all of the changes from 1.2.2, as well as additional changes that have been vetted and approved.

I do wish that MP was a little bit less sensitive about version numbers, or that there was an easy way to disable version checking in the config. It would make testing a lot easier.

If you would like, I can probably upload a full installer with the patch compiled in tonight, assuming that I do not run into an attachment file size limitation.

Matt

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mattjcurry, you can base your patch on the Tag 1.2.2 and then you get 1.2.2 compatible versions (I had the same issue, that was why I mistook the thread ;-) )

Users who are viewing this thread