Crash window informs about a fontengine.dll crash (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Not sure to follow you, you did try and it failed ?

optimalt

Portal Member
    August 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No I did not try. The moment I discovered the placement of the thread I just assumed that the fix was specific for StreamedMP. Should I try the patch even though I use Titan?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So can I only reproduce the issue with StreamedMP?
    Any special settings? Which version StreamedMP?

For me, its a bit unclear. From Jira it is not clear this is skin specific.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You could reproduce with new installer ?
    If yes then @seco did the right way to sort the MP exit but it's not enough to fix the fontengine crash.
    So maybe we need to finally have too the check on fontengine on D3D if it's null or not :)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    You could reproduce with new installer ?
    If yes then @seco did the right way to sort the MP exit but it's not enough to fix the fontengine crash.
    So maybe we need to finally have too the check on fontengine on D3D if it's null or not :)

No he was just asking if StreamedMP is needed to reproduce.

The issue is NOT skin spesific.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I also get this every time I exit MP. If I got this correct, it is a general bug and not related to skin? If yes, has anybody reported this bug?
    I'm not sure, but I think this is causing all sort of problems with standby/resume. I can a perfectly working HTPC, the only part I have problems is the resume from hibernation or standby...

TeMorituri

Portal Member
    April 19, 2009
    I appear to have this bug in MP1.11 runnning windows 7 ultimate x64
    Initially i thought it was due due a Bass audio library file but reading your comments I will report here what i started in another older thread.

Funny thing is when it launches the watchdog it does so using Titan not Streamed and didnt crash ...grrr

And when using Streamed MP it always hangs on exit from MP. I am not sure the windows error reporting is helpful but it says
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: MediaPortal.exe
    Application Version: 1.11.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5509241c
    Fault Module Name: fontEngine.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 550922f2
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00001f3f
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 5129