[DIY] RemoteAmbi Android App to set LED Colors using AtmoWinCtrl.exe

Discussion in 'Ambient Lighting System' started by 0kk0, January 20, 2015.

1. 0kk0

0kk0 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello everyone!

I've made an c# server app and android client app to change colors of my homemade ambilight system.
    Just wanted to share it and hope you like it.

1.png

Screenshot_2015-01-20-13-17-36.png

Screenshot_2015-01-20-13-17-17.png

Greeets

Sicco

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lightning303
    • Premium Supporter

Lightning303 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +578 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hey,
    very nice (y).
    @Rick164 and I have been talking about making an android app for our AtmoOrb project, but havnt done that yet. Just a few days ago i started with the first few chapters of the google documentation about creating apps, but have not done more than a simple hello world app.
    Since then however, i was thinking about adding support for apps into AtmoLight, so you dont have to use your remote to open the context menu. Maybe you are interessted in that? Instead of controlling AtmoCtrl, controlling AtmoLight. This way every handler can be controlled, different effects can be choosen and all that stuff. Let me know what you think :).

• Like Like x 1
  4. azzuro
    • Team MediaPortal

azzuro Test Group

technician HVAC
    Ratings:
    +3,983 / 13
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    Hey !!!!
    My wish start to be accomplished.
    My First goal when receive my first Ambilight system, was to make remote selector, for using it, out of MP. but using IR Remote was not easy due to "stop" timing issue with lib conflict.

With this soft, we can use static color / Live mode / VU Style on the fly ... for each device type. ( Atmowin / AtmoOrb / maybe hyperion ? )

i think, if you want for sure, help us to control Atmolight, and all the device who can remote. (y)

5. 0kk0

0kk0 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands

Yes i definitely like that... That way you dont have to select static color in context menu is what you mean?
    What i also like to add is support for color fadings or some kind of c# script to run a pattern... like rainbow colors or something like that. Like @azzuro says "static color / Live mode / VU Style on the fly ... for each device type."
    But what is the diffecrence in using AtmoLight Instead of AtmoCtrl?
    Btw thanks for your great peace of software! (y)

6. 0kk0

0kk0 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands

Lol i would realy like that ! :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. azzuro
    • Team MediaPortal

azzuro Test Group

technician HVAC
    Ratings:
    +3,983 / 13
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    Hey @Lightning303 & @Rick164 we have a new winner.
    0kk0 these guys are the dev of atmolight plugin. And can help you for the good way. Im sure.

8. Rick164
    • Super User

Rick164 Super User

Ratings:
    +1,359 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    This looks very nice (y) , maybe we could do a remote listening server in AtmoLight where the android app can send all its color commands?

This way it can specify which handler (AtmoWin / Hue / Hyperion) gets the color command and even expand it further to specific requirements :) , sort of like an API server for AtmoLight similar to the one in AtmoHue.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lightning303
    • Premium Supporter

Lightning303 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +578 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Wow, i checked this thread an hour ago and your post wasnt here then... :p And now magically its here. Strange things happen with time and space today...

AtmoCtrl is a small utility to control AtmoWin. AtmoLight is a plugin for MediaPortal. It is also able to control AtmoWin, but does support more commands. It also supports other software besides AtmoWin, for example AmbiBox, Boblight, Hyperion or Philips Hue lights. If your app could control AtmoLight instead of AtmoWin directly, then you automatically could control all these other programs aswell. However MediaPortal would have to be running.

Some things i was thinking of for an app:
    Changing static color (what you do now)
    Change effects
    Change settings
    Send over new gifs (custom effects)
    Maybe have a live view based on the phones camera

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dragy

Dragy Portal Pro

Student
    Ratings:
    +332 / 1
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    It does not work! I think it's because it detects my IP address wrong. My IP is 192.168.10.1, but detects the IP of VirtualBox (which uses a virtual network card), 192.168.56.1. I already allowed the app in Windows Firewall

Accessing the webserver on localhost does work, but still the color won't change.

11. Rick164
    • Super User

Rick164 Super User

Ratings:
    +1,359 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    That's a tricky one to do right in Windows, what could help is in the Windows app have an pull down menu on all found IP addresses/nic's on the machine and let the user select it from there as it's hard to tell which one is the right one automatically (can be Wi-Fi / Virtual network / LAN 1 / LAN 2 etc...) or use the default active gateway but that one is not foolproof :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!