[DIY] RemoteAmbi Android App to set LED Colors using AtmoWinCtrl.exe (1 Viewer)

0kk0

Portal Member
March 28, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello everyone!

I've made an c# server app and android client app to change colors of my homemade ambilight system.
Just wanted to share it and hope you like it.

1.png

Screenshot_2015-01-20-13-17-36.png

Screenshot_2015-01-20-13-17-17.png

Greeets

Sicco

Attachments

• RemoteAmbi v1.2.apk
    68.1 KB
  • RemoteAmbi Win7 or Win8.7z
    1.3 MB

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,
    very nice (y).
    @Rick164 and I have been talking about making an android app for our AtmoOrb project, but havnt done that yet. Just a few days ago i started with the first few chapters of the google documentation about creating apps, but have not done more than a simple hello world app.
    Since then however, i was thinking about adding support for apps into AtmoLight, so you dont have to use your remote to open the context menu. Maybe you are interessted in that? Instead of controlling AtmoCtrl, controlling AtmoLight. This way every handler can be controlled, different effects can be choosen and all that stuff. Let me know what you think :).

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey !!!!
    My wish start to be accomplished.
    My First goal when receive my first Ambilight system, was to make remote selector, for using it, out of MP. but using IR Remote was not easy due to "stop" timing issue with lib conflict.

With this soft, we can use static color / Live mode / VU Style on the fly ... for each device type. ( Atmowin / AtmoOrb / maybe hyperion ? )

i think, if you want for sure, help us to control Atmolight, and all the device who can remote. (y)

0kk0

Portal Member
    March 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey,
    very nice (y).
    @Rick164 and I have been talking about making an android app for our AtmoOrb project, but havnt done that yet. Just a few days ago i started with the first few chapters of the google documentation about creating apps, but have not done more than a simple hello world app.
    Since then however, i was thinking about adding support for apps into AtmoLight, so you dont have to use your remote to open the context menu. Maybe you are interessted in that? Instead of controlling AtmoCtrl, controlling AtmoLight. This way every handler can be controlled, different effects can be choosen and all that stuff. Let me know what you think :).

Yes i definitely like that... That way you dont have to select static color in context menu is what you mean?
    What i also like to add is support for color fadings or some kind of c# script to run a pattern... like rainbow colors or something like that. Like @azzuro says "static color / Live mode / VU Style on the fly ... for each device type."
    But what is the diffecrence in using AtmoLight Instead of AtmoCtrl?
    Btw thanks for your great peace of software! (y)

0kk0

Portal Member
    March 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey !!!!
    My wish start to be accomplished.
    My First goal when receive my first Ambilight system, was to make remote selector, for using it, out of MP. but using IR Remote was not easy due to "stop" timing issue with lib conflict.

With this soft, we can use static color / Live mode / VU Style on the fly ... for each device type. ( Atmowin / AtmoOrb / maybe hyperion ? )

i think, if you want for sure, help us to control Atmolight, and all the device who can remote. (y)

Lol i would realy like that ! :D

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This looks very nice (y) , maybe we could do a remote listening server in AtmoLight where the android app can send all its color commands?

This way it can specify which handler (AtmoWin / Hue / Hyperion) gets the color command and even expand it further to specific requirements :) , sort of like an API server for AtmoLight similar to the one in AtmoHue.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, i checked this thread an hour ago and your post wasnt here then... :p And now magically its here. Strange things happen with time and space today...

But what is the diffecrence in using AtmoLight Instead of AtmoCtrl?
    AtmoCtrl is a small utility to control AtmoWin. AtmoLight is a plugin for MediaPortal. It is also able to control AtmoWin, but does support more commands. It also supports other software besides AtmoWin, for example AmbiBox, Boblight, Hyperion or Philips Hue lights. If your app could control AtmoLight instead of AtmoWin directly, then you automatically could control all these other programs aswell. However MediaPortal would have to be running.

Some things i was thinking of for an app:
    Changing static color (what you do now)
    Change effects
    Change settings
    Send over new gifs (custom effects)
    Maybe have a live view based on the phones camera

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It does not work! I think it's because it detects my IP address wrong. My IP is 192.168.10.1, but detects the IP of VirtualBox (which uses a virtual network card), 192.168.56.1. I already allowed the app in Windows Firewall

Accessing the webserver on localhost does work, but still the color won't change.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's a tricky one to do right in Windows, what could help is in the Windows app have an pull down menu on all found IP addresses/nic's on the machine and let the user select it from there as it's hard to tell which one is the right one automatically (can be Wi-Fi / Virtual network / LAN 1 / LAN 2 etc...) or use the default active gateway but that one is not foolproof :)

Users who are viewing this thread