download button doesnt work (1 Viewer)

sbir

Portal Member
January 12, 2010
You don't post any error message or log, so I guess it is an access issue...

If you have your media on an external storage device (ie. a NAS) you must change the account the MPExtended service uses (to an account that has access to the NAS), otherwise it will not get access to your media.

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    my files are directly on the server here are the logs

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yes maybe, its a tv server only installation but i installed MPExtendes as server/client version to have access to my movies/series.
    I copied the series/movies databases to a my server and linked via MPExtended Config to it. I have no problems if i stream the files but if i try to download it i receive the message above

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Fixed for 0.5. If you want to get it working now, configure the services to an external IP address on the settings > services page (auto://192.168.173.32:4322/ instead of auto://127.0.0.1:4322/).

(or set streaming mode to Proxied on the settings page).

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    today i tried also to stream something over the internet but i dont have access to the files - maybe the same problem as above?
    The Image Loading Time is a bit high, its my first dyndns server is this normal?

Anyway thats supercool - starting my server via WOL over the net from the workplace and see the mediafiles @ home
    If you are on holidays you can record something when you are swimming or whatever and in the evening you can connect your tablet to the hotel tv and stream your recorded movie :D

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Try using the Proxied stream mode (see settings tab).

EDIT: Oops, that is indeed a bug that has been fixed for 0.5.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok, I just tried to change my service settings to auto://192.168.6.50:4322/ instead of auto://127.0.0.1:4322/ and i get Failed to access service. Is this normal or is it a bug? i would really like to get this all working.

My logs are attached.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Got the download link working by setting the Stream type to Proxied but still can not change the services urls

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's probably the firewall that blocks it or a bug in WebMP. Multiseat in WebMP 0.4.3 is a bit broken.

Users who are viewing this thread