DVB EPG for UK (1 Viewer)

F

Frank_

Hi. Great programme MP. I seem to be only getting about 3 days worth of EPG off air when I use my Nova-T. Is this normal? Also can we use XMLTV as a subsitute for Off Air EPG?

Cheers.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Hi Frank -

Currently only 3 days worth of EPG is broadcast over in the UK. Also, you shouldn't have any problems using XMLTV to pull in the additional information.

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Frank you may want to try _james_ webepg program that he is just polishing off.... he is sometimes on irc so if you want to test / try it contact him there or look in the plugins section of the forum

advantages over xmltv??.... well you can configure the display name to MATCH your channel names, unlike xmltv which requires you to rename most of your channels.

im in the uk and using this program i can get 14days of scheduling in around 2.5 minutes. its pretty impressive.

Thanks

Steve

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AllenConquest said:
    How quickly should it fill up ?
    During the first minute the EPG grabber should start. You can see it in the log. It will run for about up 1 one minute, then the information has been added to the database.

If that is not the case and you're using DVB-T, you might suffer from a somewhat weak signal or bad reception. It could also depend on the weather. (Noticed it here, huge houses around here in Berlin -> reflections, shadows, etc.) This does not necessarily affect the picture quality, so it could be a bit hard to find out for DVB-T.

A

Anonymous

Hi

When does the epg actually grab data, is it when you are viewing a channel or is it when the program isn't using the tuner? I have a Nova t pci (90002) and part of my guide is being filled with data but not all channels and for some channels I have gaps in the schedule!

Thanks

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector, and also set them as the EPG grabber for radio in MP2. But here's the odd thing: The next time I opened the XMLTV EPG mapper (where you map actual channels to channels available in the EPG), the radio...
    Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector...
    Following on from this thread: Previously I used EPG Collector very successfully to grab a 7 day OTA EPG which included the EPG...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok some good news after much tearing out of hair lol as i refuse to be beaten at problem solving i managed to find out where EPG Collector gets its epg from and found it gets it from 'freesathome' so cribbed the settings from that and added the freesathome channel to the radio channels and selected that channel only to collect epg...
    Ok some good news after much tearing out of hair lol as i refuse to be beaten at problem solving i managed to find out where EPG...
    Hi folks Ive just started using epg collector to import uk freesat epg into mediaportal i have had good success with it so far and...
    Replies
    Views
    The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a single setup that will suit everyone. This page in the Wiki explains some of the factors involved. The timeshift and idle grabbers can both be enabled if you wish, but the optimum settings for the timeshift...
    The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a...
    Since the BBC integrated their regional programs into their BBC One HD channel in the last couple of weeks my MP2 shows "No program...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Australia - DVB-EPG - does it work? DE
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
    Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom