DVB Testing Results (1 Viewer)

TheChaos

Portal Member
November 26, 2004
hey what about dvb-s cards with bda drivers? i just managed to get some for my twinhan dvb-s. will this also work?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TheChaos - In the future yes.
    BionicDonkey is looking to get Terrestrial tuning done first before tackling Satellite.

*** Josh - FYI my BDA card does not get recognised in the Binary build you posted earlier. ***

DMAN.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, but I think my last question wasn't clear enough. I think it sounded like a feature request, but it is not. I meant that I want to help implenting support for the pinnacle pctv sat.

My problem is that I do not really know where to start. I programmed a lot in c#, but never started programming managed directx.

I have some very good informations about the drivers of the card.

c ya
    gdp2k

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    BionicDonkey is doing the BDA driver thing.
    If you have BDA drivers for your SAT card then I would look to helping him with this SAT tuning interface as I think he'll have most of the other stuff covered at the backend since MS has unified this.

If you dont have BDA drivers then you'll need to leverage the SDK for the card and therefore it's harder to do. As for help in this area it will probably be you doing most of the work unfortunately as people are focused on their own projects.

DMAN

A

Anonymous

Hey Josh,

I gave it a whirl and it built the graph fine but I was unable to tune a channel (only spent about 15 minutes looking at it however). I did have a question.

Just curious why you are using the Smart Tee vs. using 2 graphs with a Stream Buffer in the middle.

Personally if I were building this, I would build the DTV as a standalone configurable plug-in (as you had before). The plug-in would work with a graph up to the stream buffer. Tuning and configuration would occur here. I would perhaps even add features to pipe it to an IP Sink. Then within the TV module, I would simply build a graph to read the buffer and perhaps submit tune requests to the plug-in. The graph could either pull the stream from a local buffer or maybe an IP buffer. Here is an MS link touching on this idea:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ectshow/htm/creatingthestreambuffergraphs.asp.

I would like to offer up some help if you would like but I am very new to C#.

Looks good so far, thanks for the effort,
    Shane (FullDeck)

bionicdonkey

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Sydney :: Australia
    thanks shane i'll look into the idea.
    the way that i planed to to it was split it before the demux and render the preview pin first so that the demux can be automated by the network provider for general viewing and manually set the pids the recording on the capture/2nd demux. i don't think it's possible to use 2 demux's in one graph successfully (by successfully i mean talking to the network provider).

does that make sense?? :?

**edit**
    i should also add, the stream buffer will be used after i figure out and fix DirectX.Capture class and therefore timeshifting

A

Anonymous

Hey,i have Nexus s, was trunning wintv, junked pro, now run WinXP 64, is there a 64 driver for nexus yet? I do side programming, but have never gotten in to hacking drivers, and id like to contribute...

Users who are viewing this thread