[solved] Dynamic refresh rate not working (2 Viewers)

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    +1 for the fix. Updated to 1.20 yesterday and discovered DRR was throwing an out of memory exception on my system after a few minutes of playback.

[2018-08-19 15:29:00,060] [Log ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal(IPrincipal principal, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Threading.Thread.Start(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Threading.Thread.Start()
    at MediaPortal.Player.RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS(Double fps, String strFile, MediaType type)
    at MediaPortal.Player.RefreshRateChanger.AdaptRefreshRate()
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.OnStopped()
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.doStop(Boolean keepTimeShifting, Boolean keepExclusiveModeOn)
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Stop()
    at MediaPortalApp.OnAction(Action action) Message: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. Site : Void StartInternal(System.Security.Principal.IPrincipal, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef) Source : mscorlib Stack Trace: at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal(IPrincipal principal, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Threading.Thread.Start(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Threading.Thread.Start()
    at MediaPortal.Player.RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS(Double fps, String strFile, MediaType type)
    at MediaPortal.Player.RefreshRateChanger.AdaptRefreshRate()
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.OnStopped()
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.doStop(Boolean keepTimeShifting, Boolean keepExclusiveModeOn)
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Stop()
    at MediaPortalApp.OnAction(Action action)

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm not sure this is fully fixed. I've just installed 1.20 (with the fix) on a new Intel Core i3 NUC with Intel HD 620 graphics. I noticed I had intermittent problems playing some video files. Mostly H.264 in MOV and MPEG 2 in MKV. If I disable DRR it all works reliably. I've tried various combinations of the DRR settings to try and make it work without success.

My original system, per specs, is running ok with the fix and doesn't seem to have problems playing videos.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try to make log or catch it with the time? When it's happening?

Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, i'm absent from MP forum since a while now, looking your logs, your video is 23.96Hz, but your screen is already in 25hz, and after try to enable 50Hz ? So, MP detecte 23 hz and want to switch TV to 25 hz, but can't and MP want switch to 50hz try to start change frequency before MP Start, on windows parameter. i remember...
    Hello, i'm absent from MP forum since a while now, looking your logs, your video is 23.96Hz, but your screen is already in 25hz...
    After finally managing to get DRR working on my Intel Integrated Graphics 630 based setup, which was down to the default ON setting...
    Replies
    Views
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom