Feature wishlist for MediaStream (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't know if this is possible, but here's a feature request:

Add functionality to the Mediastream.dll that checks what skin is being used.
    a) If the skin is "MediaStream" -> act normally
    b) If the skin is "Other" -> emulate regular home screen/hide functionality of plugin

Emph

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I don't know if this is possible, but here's a feature request:

Add functionality to the Mediastream.dll that checks what skin is being used.
    a) If the skin is "MediaStream" -> act normally
    b) If the skin is "Other" -> emulate regular home screen/hide functionality of plugin

Emph

Actually I have had this on the "todo" list for some time, but since there have been a few issues with the plugin being enabled in other skins (some forgot to disable MediaStream plugin), I have pushed this feature forward.

Please use the attached plugin and help me test the functionality!

Attachments

• MediaStream-dll.zip
      30.6 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Pilehave: Tested new .dll with Blue3Wide and XFace so far. Will try AEON 1.3 next. No issues so far with the home navigation.

Great!
    Emph

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Some colour changes in tv-series, episode view

I'm not sure of how far from the original XBMC skin you're willing to go Pilehave and this is just my personal preference, but..

Wouldn't it be better to give the eye a red colour, in combination with an X, when the files are neither watched nor present on the local hard drive? I/We find it hard to determine from a 3 meters distance with all the different grey and blue combos.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm not sure of how far from the original XBMC skin you're willing to go Pilehave and this is just my personal preference, but..

Wouldn't it be better to give the eye a red colour, in combination with an X, when the files are neither watched nor present on the local hard drive? I/We find it hard to determine from a 3 meters distance with all the different grey and blue combos.

I have never given this much thought as I myself have TV-Series set up to show only available files. I really don't see the need for showing things that are not available anyway, but if you need them I'll be glad to touch the files with Photoshop and give them a red overlay.

How about watched files that are not available? Should they stay grey?

explodedk

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I have never given this much thought as I myself have TV-Series set up to show only available files. I really don't see the need for showing things that are not available anyway, but if you need them I'll be glad to touch the files with Photoshop and give them a red overlay.

How about watched files that are not available? Should they stay grey?

pilehave thou the files are watched its not everyone who deletes em... i still have all shows and then its nice to have a "watched tag" . but from a distance its not easy to see if the eye is open of closed...

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    hehe, I tried to change the colour in paint but that didn't work out so well. Got a black box around the icon :confused:

I'm fine with just the "not watched & not available" icon in red. The way I have tv-series set up is so it shows all available episodes. This way I can see the next air date for most of my series in the episode view. Previous seasons that I don't want to show any more are made "hidden" so they don't mess up my otherwise clean appearance.

If you don't want to change the skin, it fine by me. But if someone with knowledge in photoshop is willing to edit the icon for me, I can exchange it myself and would be very happy.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hehe, I tried to change the colour in paint but that didn't work out so well. Got a black box around the icon :confused:

I'm fine with just the "not watched & not available" icon in red. The way I have tv-series set up is so it shows all available episodes. This way I can see the next air date for most of my series in the episode view. Previous seasons that I don't want to show any more are made "hidden" so they don't mess up my otherwise clean appearance.

If you don't want to change the skin, it fine by me. But if someone with knowledge in photoshop is willing to edit the icon for me, I can exchange it myself and would be very happy.

There...now it's your choice :)

Be careful where you copy/paste to, as I colored all 4 of them.

Attachments

• tvseries_UnWatched.png
      tvseries_UnWatched.png
      612 bytes
    • tvseries_UnWatchedNA.png
      tvseries_UnWatchedNA.png
      867 bytes
    • tvseries_Watched.png
      tvseries_Watched.png
      655 bytes
    • tvseries_WatchedNA.png
      tvseries_WatchedNA.png
      960 bytes

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm using the touchscreen plugin and usually there should be the label of the active item visible (ie in home menu when 'music' is active you see the text 'music' on the touchscreen).

But in Mediastream there's always #homeitem which makes navigating with tv off impossible. maybe there's a way to show the correct label instead of this.

Users who are viewing this thread