First configuration...crash during "adding filter section" (1 Viewer)

jeremfg

Portal Member
August 16, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
All errors (except one) are connected to your sound output, looks like i was completelly broken, strange.

Yeah! I noticed that too... Strange...

Since I "Repair ALL" with "filmerit", I'm no longer able to Install Media Portal (I get a crash on TV-Serer installation). Windows Media Player wont start either (no error, no nothing when I click on it)... To me, it looks like my server is now so "blank" that I've fried everything multimedia related! I still get system sounds however...

It's like I'm getting deeper and deeper now :(

Do you know of any way to reset/restore all of the standard codecs/filters stuff to the original Microsoft state, or to another working state?

I'm kinda lost now :confused:

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
All errors (except one) are connected to your sound output, looks like i was completelly broken, strange.

Yeah! I noticed that too... Strange...

Since I "Repair ALL" with "filmerit", I'm no longer able to Install Media Portal (I get a crash on TV-Serer installation). Windows Media Player wont start either (no error, no nothing when I click on it)... To me, it looks like my server is now so "blank" that I've fried everything multimedia related! I still get system sounds however...

It's like I'm getting deeper and deeper now :(

Do you know of any way to reset/restore all of the standard codecs/filters stuff to the original Microsoft state, or to another working state?

I'm kinda lost now :confused:

You can revert it by system restore i think.

jeremfg

Portal Member
August 16, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
You can revert it by system restore i think.

From what I've read, it would work... Unfortunately, this feature doesn't exit on Windows Server!

I tried removing and re-installing features that seemed related to Multimedia : (Audio/Video Quality Service and Desktop Experience) withtout success....

It now looks like I have no other choices than formatting the computer.... But that would take me some days to get it back on considering all the services I would have to set-up, and I would rather avoid doing that. Plus the down time would affect familly members!

Ryou

September 12, 2011
Hi @ all,

First...sry for my bad english^^.

I installed Mediaportal 1.1.3 on my Windows Server 2008 R2 together with SAF 6. After installing SAF 6 I get the same error by Mediaportal Configuration.
Deleting the bad Codec wih Filmerit have been crashing my System, exactly like jeremfg it discribs.

Now I have installed Win 2k8R2 new and test it again with the same effect. Luckily i have an backup of the registry^^

Looking forward of an idea how to fix the problem.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Hi @ all,

First...sry for my bad english^^.

I installed Mediaportal 1.1.3 on my Windows Server 2008 R2 together with SAF 6. After installing SAF 6 I get the same error by Mediaportal Configuration.
Deleting the bad Codec wih Filmerit have been crashing my System, exactly like jeremfg it discribs.

Now I have installed Win 2k8R2 new and test it again with the same effect. Luckily i have an backup of the registry^^

Looking forward of an idea how to fix the problem.

What about posting Filmerit and SAF6 LOGs?
Looks like it is server only issue.

jeremfg

Portal Member
August 16, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Though I'll give an update...

I finally relented to format my server and start over with Server 2008 R2 (Took me about 18 hours since it was a Domain Controller and had a lots of roles to configure).... However, this time, I decided to change strategy... And only installed server components...

I gave up on the client part, and now instead use an old machine I have laying around for the TV close to the server. At first I was hoping to get the server to display on the TV since it is located beside it, but now I'm using anoter computer with W7, and using the network as all other clients do!

I might try again later, I've made a ghost of my server in case of any mishaps if it ever goes south again!

aladin_7

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi
    i have the same problam
    MePo 1.2RC
    windows 7 x86
    filmerit is clean. no SAF just FFDSHOW

When running configuration, received Unhandled exception
    after that i can't change MePo configuration
    This was also with MePo 1.1.3

attached log file's

thanks

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hi
    i have the same problam
    MePo 1.2RC
    windows 7 x86
    filmerit is clean. no SAF just FFDSHOW

When running configuration, received Unhandled exception
    after that i can't change MePo configuration
    This was also with MePo 1.1.3

attached log file's

thanks

I think your problem have different reason:

Code:
    2011-09-13 20:03:52.018296 [Debug][BassAudio(7)]: BASS: Loading DSP plugins ...
    2011-09-13 20:03:52.019296 [Info.][BassAudio(7)]: BASS: Initialize thread failed.  Reason: There is an error in XML document (0, 0).
    2011-09-13 20:03:52.020296 [ERROR][BassAudio(7)]: BASS: Initialize thread failed.  Reason: There is an error in XML document (0, 0).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome aladin_7! :)

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems. I think your problem is the same as the problem mentioned -->here<--. Please try to delete C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\musicdsp.xml. Note that the folder is a hidden folder, so you'll need to copy and paste C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal into the address bar in Windows explorer. There is no harm in deleting the file - your main MP settings are not lost.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread