Flash Support (1 Viewer)

esprit

Portal Member
January 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there any way to incorporate flash support?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you clear up what you mean? FLV Videos do play in MediaPortal. FLV is flash. So it is supported.

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    flv is a container for video and audio using different codecs and standards, while it's proper name is 'flash video', it -- in itself, is not flash.

flash is usually a .swf file and contains a lot more than simple video and audio, namely dynamic and interactive content.
    Although, .flv files can be embedded in .swf files, thus being played by a flash file and the flash player.

just wanted to clear that up =)

I wonder if he was asking if you can view .swf files (like stuff you find on ebaums, etc.) with this plugin, and perhaps even interact with the dynamic content, which would be cool.

this would probably be better served by calling an external flash player and mapping the remote keys.

I would be happy if I could get this plugin to even work with it's current options without breaking everything else, oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    Both the release announcement page and the corresponding news thread are incomplete with respect to installation of SQL Server. I suggest linking to the top-level SQL Server wiki page instead of enumerating the individual versions, which I plan to expand soon to include MS SQL Server Express 2019.
    Both the release announcement page and the corresponding news thread are incomplete with respect to installation of SQL Server. I...
    Both the release announcement page and the corresponding news thread are incomplete with respect to installation of SQL Server. I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom