Hauppauge HD PVR (1 Viewer)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    This is pretty exciting!! My HD PVR arrived today - can't wait to get home and plug it in :) What SVN should I run??

I currently use an IR blaster to change channels but I am happy to test initially without a blaster (or if someone can point me in the direction of RS-232 setup information I'd actually prefer to move to that method!!)

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to better quailty cable in MP :)

timmy.com

Portal Member
    August 3, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Garry,

Will the DirecTVTune plugin you wrote work in this HD-PVR testing scenario to change channels?

Does it support multiple STBs? & TV Server 1 RC2?

I have 2 COM ports available on my server PC. If you think your plug-in will work I'll pick up 2 null modem cables and 2 serial-to-USB cables to plug into my DirecTV H20 STBs (they only have the USB ports).

-t

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    I just found the old tvserver DirecTVTune plugin I wrote and used to use. It supports multiple STBs but I'll have to see if it works with newer receivers. I'll test it with a H21 in a few minutes.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    BTW - not sure if you're after another tester but happy to help however I can. Picked up a USB to serial converter on the way home so I can test that as well - although I have a foxtel (Pace) STB.

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    Garry,

Will the DirecTVTune plugin you wrote work in this HD-PVR testing scenario to change channels?

Does it support multiple STBs? & TV Server 1 RC2?

I have 2 COM ports available on my server PC. If you think your plug-in will work I'll pick up 2 null modem cables and 2 serial-to-USB cables to plug into my DirecTV H20 STBs (they only have the USB ports).

-t

Plugin sounce & binary is attached. I think it will work with your STBs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] usb tuner not listed DE
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    New install win 11. have hauppauge 955q usb tuner astc. I see it in device manager under sound video game controllers. i did...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.30.0 BBC One HD disappeared! DE
    OK I looked in the TV channels list and there is only one entry for BBC One HD (channel 101), clicked on preview and got an error message "preview failed: no PMT found " I think I may have found the reason - I read on another forum that the Bluebell hill mast will not be upgraded until the 27th June!
    OK I looked in the TV channels list and there is only one entry for BBC One HD (channel 101), clicked on preview and got an error...
    Hi, The BBC have recently made changes to their DVB-T2 broadcasts and now I can no longer find BBC one HD , I have scanned three...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom