History Channel and HGTV "unable to play video. no url. (1 Viewer)

jimmyzshack

August 22, 2012
Houma, Louisiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I installed SAV 6 and i still get the same error. This is a fresh install of mediaportal and OnlineVideos. Can someone point me in the right direction?

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am so sorry, but looks like you are being geo-locked. Both sites are available to Canadian IPs only. The SMIL coming back from the server for non-Canadian IPs has the following code:
Code:
<ref src="Unavailable.flv" title="Unavailable" abstract="You are not in a geographic region that has access to this content."/>

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
I will try and push out some code later tonight (or tomorrow) which will play a video clip telling users about the geolock instead of the ugly unable to play video error. Hopefully, that geolock video code works as I don't really have access to a non-Canadian IP to test from (except for an ssh account in US which helps with wget/curl requests).

Last edited:

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
No problem. I have pushed out the latest code which has a geolock video. (OnlineVideos.Sites.corporategadfly version 1.0.1.11 at least). Perhaps you could test it out? I know it's an exercise in futility but it will help prevent frustration for other users.

jimmyzshack

August 22, 2012
Houma, Louisiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
that didn't work either. So some one would have to build a site for the HGTV etc based on the US linked videos in order for it to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
Replies
Views
Nice you could resolve the issue!
Nice you could resolve the issue!
I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
Replies
Views
I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the error. After uninstalling MpUrlSourcesplitter(x64) I installed the MpUrlSourcesplitter(x86). But the error message still comes.
I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the...
Just completed a clean install of Win 10 followed by MP 1.31. During install the installer hung up because I didn't have .net 3.5...
Replies
Views
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
Replies
Views
I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom