Ongoing How fast CPU have your Media Portal HTPC? (1 Viewer)

How fast CPU have your Media Portal HTPC?

• Total voters

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm curious to know how fast CPU's thats really needed. Im running at 650 Mhz without any problem.

moullas

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2005
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    800mhz here with GF 440MX, only use it for Video / Music playback and is running with no problems :)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    my HTPC can run any high def content i want...highest i've tried is a 30Mbit/s mpeg2 at 1920x1080 resolution with dolby ac3 5.1 .....runs...and runs very smoothly :)

my specs below

A

Anonymous

I couldn't afford a whole new dedicated system for mp, so i turned over my webserver, with a celeron 1 ghz. Runs smoothly, TV/video/music playback only.

Bosso

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2004
    Sweden / Stockholm
    I'm running on a Athlon 750MHz.
    Mostly smooth, but with the latest release I've noticed some
    performance problems watching recorded tv.
    Usually a restart of MP solves the problem.

I am a bit concerned about cpu usage when not using MP.
    0.1.2.0 eats 50% CPU just running the gui.

might have to do with directX 9 support etc. but it still feels
    strange that it consumes so much cpu doing virtually nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    Replies
    Views
    That is not supported. In folder view you can just navigate through the pre-defined folder structure, you loose also the filter options, thouse are only existing in library view. In MP2 I watched SBS 3D movies. Important ist just the TV supports it, because MP2 send them of course in splitted screen and the TV needs to merge them. I...
    That is not supported. In folder view you can just navigate through the pre-defined folder structure, you loose also the filter...
    Hi there - just registered and I have some basic questions on how to MediaPortal provides similar experience for Movies, Music and...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.3 mp2.3.2 slow Client DE
    I have the same problem in Win 11 pro and MP 2.4.1... As soon I move the mouse the MP client turns really slow or unresponsive.
    I have the same problem in Win 11 pro and MP 2.4.1... As soon I move the mouse the MP client turns really slow or unresponsive.
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Are you using a Windows "N" version or similar? Those versions are missing the Windows Media stuff, which need to be installed separately. The call which fails above is related to the Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) which doesn't seem to find required filters
    Are you using a Windows "N" version or similar? Those versions are missing the Windows Media stuff, which need to be installed...
    I have a new install of Windows 10 (2004), running Media Portal 2.2.3, on a machine that's set up to be a dedicated HTPC. I can...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom