HVR-1300 vs. HVR-1300 MCE (1 Viewer)

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

If you look at the specs closely on the hauppauge site, you'll see the difference. The regular HVR-1300 comes with a remote, and IR receiver/transmitter. And, it also includes the WinTV software and (probably) the Intervideo Non-CSS MPEG2 decoders.

With the HVR-1300 MCE version you only get the card and the drivers to get them to work with MCE.

BTW, the HVR-1300 is supported by MP from release 0.1.3.0 only by downloading the new capturecarddefinitions.xml file. Next releases will support it by default. AFAIK both cards are supported by MP. So, if you already have a remote, I'd go for the MCE version. If you don't, I'd buy the MCE remote and still go for the MCE version... ;)

Kind regards,
    Michel

P.S.: Nice nickname! I play freestyle frisbee myself a lot, since this year. :D

Frisbee78

September 15, 2005
    Thanks for your reply. I'm glad your like the nickname :)

Regarding the difference between the two cards, from the HVR-1300 MCE page, I quote: "WinTV-HVR-1300 MCE-Kit comes with a Microsoft certified remote control.".
    Likewise, from the HVR-1300 page, we can read: "With remote control for easy operation.".

With their new HVR product line, it seems Hauppauge has broken its tradition of not including a remote with products stamped 'MCE'.

Therefore, it's not very clear what really differenciates those two cards. Based on Hauppage site, both come with remote. From what I have seen so far, the HVR-1300 MCE is more expensive than the HVR-1300 model. I am also yet to come across the HVR-1300 MCE outside of the UK.

Like you, I want the MCE remote to control MP. If the HVR-1300 MCE comes with an MCE remote, then I kill two birds with one stone.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is a MCE kit for the HVR-1300. Make sure you order the 'kit' as you can get the card without the remote control which is for VAR's.

Another difference is the audio connectors the MCE has the left & right RCA jacks where the non MCE card uses a mini phone jack for audio.

DMAN

Frisbee78

September 15, 2005
    Ok, looks like there are 3 versions then:
    - HVR-1300: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_hvr1300.html
    - HVR-1300 MCE-Kit: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_hvr1300mcekit.html
    - HVR-1300 MCE: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_hvr1300mce.html

My guess is that the HVR-1300 comes Hauppage's own made remote ("Includes Hauppauge new IR remote control").

But the HVR-1300 MCE-Kit and HVR-1300 MCE pages are the same word for word and both include the same MCE remote.

Even both the pages for the MCE products and the MCE-Kit products say that the respective 1300 cards come with the MCE remote.

As for the type of connectors at the back, either is fine.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm pretty sure the MCE (non kit) version does not include the MCE remote.

DMAN

bedlam

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    Does timeshifting work with both analog and digital tv? I´m asking because I read at a retailer that timeshifting only works with DVB-T...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Bedlam

No my software encoded side of my card (Analogue) will timeshift using its own software. And all the Hardware cards will do it effortlessly because of direct output to file using little or no CPU time.

Hardware is better than software encoded for a little more money
    DVB-T cards are all hardware as signal input/output mpeg2 anyway.

8)

Users who are viewing this thread