Hybrid Card - Unknown channel (1 Viewer)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Pretoriano,

please try analog too and report your findings. Thanks,

Simone

TV-Server Version: TV Server 3
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC3
    MediaPortal Skin: XFace 1.2
    Windows Version: Vista Ultimate and XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: Intel Core Duo E6600
    HDD: 2 Segate 250Gb Raid 0 +others
    Memory: 4gb Corsaire DDR2 800Mhz
    Motherboard: Asus P5W DH DeLuxe
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel Chipset 975x
    Motherboard Bios: 2004
    Video Card: Sapphire X1950XTX
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 7.10
    Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-FI Fatality
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: Last avaible
    1. TV Card: Lifeview FlyDVB Trio
    1. TV Card Type: Hybrid(DVB-T,DVB-S,Analog)
    1. TV Card Driver: 13.35.6.1(25/05/2007)
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink v.7+FFDSHOW
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink v.7+AC3
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Hotbird 13°E
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling: AIR
    Power Supply: Enermax 620W
    Remote: IMON UltraBay
    TV: Samsung 32LE72B
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Ok Chemelli i tried the analog part this morning with no luck.I did the channel scan with and without the tuner in hybrid group but still no luck:sorry: .Since our cards are different i don't think is a codec problem.But i'm curious why you want this analog part so bad,i think Padova already have DVB-T or maybe i'm wrong.I will post some logs maybe developers can find something useful.
    Edit: in the TV server error log i've seen a line about "no audio compressor found"

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Pretoriano, I have the same error on my error.log. This will help me understand I'm not missing something on my specific systems.

Padova is still missing MUX-A with all RAI stuff on DVB-T :-(

Simone

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    mdapi filter with hybrid configuration

Sound Card AC3:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    HTPC Case:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

After more testing i figured out that's some issue changing channels on same transponder but it's working well after disabling mdapi filter so i guess this is causing the problem.FTA channels also working.
    The strange thing is that i can't install the last Media portal SVN no more it's giving an error saying that it can't copy some files but i have no MP services in background and no other application is running(screenshot attached).
    Another issue that i'm not sure if have something to do with the hybrid patch it's the "OK" button in TV server setup not working,the window is closing only if a hit the close(X) button.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So,if i am starting the timeshift on a DVB-S channel the DVB-T tuner become also a DVB-S tuner(and viceversa if i do the timeshifting on a DVB-T channel)and when i use MyTv, inside the streams window now are 2 streams before the patch was always only one stream.This was a bit strange for me the first time but everything work ok.Tomorow i will post some logs and some screenshots so you can take a look.Last thing,if some of you guys dont't manage to make you hybrid work try to disable the EPG on one of your tuner because for me that did the trick;)
    That your DVB-S is also a DVB-T tuner and viceversa now is an expected effect. For the reason read my last post. Regarding the issue in MyTv I will have a look at it and try to find a fix for it. I have a clue what is going wrong there.
    I will also look at the epg grabber problem.

Ok Chemelli i tried the analog part this morning with no luck.I did the channel scan with and without the tuner in hybrid group but still no luck:sorry: .Since our cards are different i don't think is a codec problem.But i'm curious why you want this analog part so bad,i think Padova already have DVB-T or maybe i'm wrong.I will post some logs maybe developers can find something useful.
    Edit: in the TV server error log i've seen a line about "no audio compressor found"
    Regarding this issue, I think that has nothing to do with the hybrid card feature. I think more that the server doesn't build the graph correctly for your card. Your attached doesn't help me much, because there are no informations in it.
    If the analog part is working in TVE2 could you please tell me the exact name of the analog part. Than I can compare the graph with the one of TVE3 and could tell you the real reason for your problem.

After more testing i figured out that's some issue changing channels on same transponder but it's working well after disabling mdapi filter so i guess this is causing the problem.FTA channels also working.
    The strange thing is that i can't install the last Media portal SVN no more it's giving an error saying that it can't copy some files but i have no MP services in background and no other application is running(screenshot attached).
    Another issue that i'm not sure if have something to do with the hybrid patch it's the "OK" button in TV server setup not working,the window is closing only if a hit the close(X) button.
    Check if a timeshift file for the analog part is created and than try to delete it. If it isn't possible than the TVServer is still running and should be disabled.

And last but not least I want to thank you for your feedback.

MisterD

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pretoriano,

please try analog too and report your findings. Thanks,

Maybe it's just that obvious. Only certain software encoders to work for some analog cards. Iirc for cards like Hauppauge's HVR1100 you had to install Intervideo's WinDVR to get the necessary encoder - just my vague guess.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    rtv,

WINDVR is WINDVD ? So you think I need to buy a software only to get a encoder ?

Simone

misterd,

HVR-4000 under TV2 give the "unable to create graph" error ,under TV3 no GUI error but no channels found.
    On the log the "no audio compressor found".

Simone

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Sound Card AC3:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    HTPC Case:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

My card it's a Lifeview card and i'm almost sure it needs cyberlink encoders,and are installed on my PC but still not working.
    Misterd sorry but i didn't understand the thing about the analog timeshift file because the sattelite transponder issue(or maybe it's better saying the scrambled channels on same provider issue,DVB-T too)comes into play only when using mdapi plugins.I know it's better not talking about this kind of plugins here so i only wanted to let you know about this "conflict".

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My card it's a Lifeview card and i'm almost sure it needs cyberlink encoders,and are installed on my PC but still not working.
    Misterd sorry but i didn't understand the thing about the analog timeshift file because the sattelite transponder issue(or maybe it's better saying the scrambled channels on same provider issue,DVB-T too)comes into play only when using mdapi plugins.I know it's better not talking about this kind of plugins here so i only wanted to let you know about this "conflict".
    For the analog part a complete log is needed. In the log there must be entries like this:
    analog: AddTvTunerFilter ...
    analog: AddTvAudioFilter
    etc.

Sorry I quoted your post wrong. I meant the error while installing the newest svn. As already mentioned the server sometime doesn't release the timeshift file of a analog part and than also the some filters are locked.

rtv,
    misterd,

HVR-4000 under TV2 give the "unable to create graph" error ,under TV3 no GUI error but no channels found.
    On the log the "no audio compressor found".

Simone
    The problem is that Hauppauge delivers a software encoder with the mce drivers in a single filter for both video and audio, which has to be installed for TVE2. The server only supports software encoders with two filters (video and audio seperated). I think that could be the reason in your case.

MisterD

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    MisterD, I guess you are right.

Any idea on how to solve this for me and all hauppauge users ?

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom