Not open for further replies.

pete0

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Sorry for beeing off topic, but from where or how do you get SACD rips? I own many SACDS, but I have not found a way to ripp them.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In terms of what you are trying to do, this is possible using the current setup. If you untick the checkbox that is mentioned a few posts ago then pressing play will "audition" tracks but not touch the playlist and "add to playlist" via context menu will add items (so only way to delete your playlist is to actually press clear on playlist screen)

Well that doesn't seem to work here at least. If I untick "Add all tracks" and set OK/Enter to "Queue Item", when I press play it plays the track but also clears the playlist and puts just that track in there. If I click OK it does add the tracks to the Current Playlist without clearing it, but also starts playing the song, which I don't want and if I stop it, it just starts playing the next track I add, which makes it all rather annoying trying to make a playlist :(

Another thing that's very counter-intuitive is that on the Music screen I have to go right to bring up the right-hand pop-up menu, but on the Playlist screen I have to go left to bring up the right-hand pop-up menu :mad: I've discussed how awkward this 'navigational paradigm' (Spooky's term) is before https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...coloured-remote-button-extended-menus-101605/ so I won't go into it again in detail, but it would certainly make MP easier to use if a simple button press (coloured button, #, whatever) was used to open the side-menu instead.

I'm using StreamedMP, so some of this might not apply to other skins.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Well that doesn't seem to work here at least. If I untick "Add all tracks"
    I was talking about the playlist screen shows current playlist (or similar, sorry not at pc to check)
    Another thing that's very counter-intuitive is that on the Music screen I have to go right to bring up the right-hand pop-up menu, but on the Playlist screen I have to go left to bring up the right-hand pop-up menu :mad:
    That is a skin issue not a music plugin issue.

datja

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Dear jameson

I have used MP since 2006. I started loving MP with the advent of Moving Pictures and MP TV series.

I cherish a long-held dream of a similar "mode" for the music section. It could be obtained in a separate plugin, of course.

My movies plugin displays:
    Movielist(or banners, or other preferred view)-Movie
    and TVseries is if course similar:
    TVserieslist-TVseries with Seasonlist-Episodelist

In each level the user is fed with appropriate and nice info and pictures.

Suppose there was a similar system for music:

Artistlist(with a small piece of text from a good source + picture)-Artist (comparable to TVseries) with albumlist with some info on each album + picture-Tracklist

Would this be possible?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I was talking about the playlist screen shows current playlist (or similar, sorry not at pc to check)

Ah, sorry. I'll try unticking that then, although I don't really understand as I would have thought I want the playlist screen to show the current playlist (current playlist sounds to me like the playlist you're in the process of making).

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Dear jameson

I have used MP since 2006. I started loving MP with the advent of Moving Pictures and MP TV series.

I cherish a long-held dream of a similar "mode" for the music section. It could be obtained in a separate plugin, of course.

My movies plugin displays:
    Movielist(or banners, or other preferred view)-Movie
    and TVseries is if course similar:
    TVserieslist-TVseries with Seasonlist-Episodelist

In each level the user is fed with appropriate and nice info and pictures.

Suppose there was a similar system for music:

Artistlist(with a small piece of text from a good source + picture)-Artist (comparable to TVseries) with albumlist with some info on each album + picture-Tracklist

Would this be possible?

If you use StreamedMP, check this out: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rc-v2-0-clearart-cdart-music-tags-more-98319/

You'll need to get the MusicInfo plugin as well: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/listen-music-99/automated-artist-album-scraping-99812/

Emph

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Well that doesn't seem to work here at least. If I untick "Add all tracks" and set OK/Enter to "Queue Item", when I press play it plays the track but also clears the playlist and puts just that track in there. If I click OK it does add the tracks to the Current Playlist without clearing it, but also starts playing the song, which I don't want and if I stop it, it just starts playing the next track I add, which makes it all rather annoying trying to make a playlist :(

Well I tried unticking "Show current playlist" but that hasn't helped and the only difference is that pressing OK doesn't even add the track to the playlist.

Is it not possible to simply have Play play the track and OK add it to the playlist (without playing it)?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Well I tried unticking "Show current playlist" but that hasn't helped and the only difference is that pressing OK doesn't even add the track to the playlist.
    Check the context menu and playlist screen... the playlist screen shows what you are building rather than what is playing. There is also an add to playlist context menu item which will do what you want (ok queues the track in the list of what is playing)

Is it not possible to simply have Play play the track and OK add it to the playlist (without playing it)?
    In a word no. This is different to every other screen in mp where selecting an item with ok will play it.

In 1.3 I will create an "add to playlist" action so you can map this to whatever button you like.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Check the context menu and playlist screen... the playlist screen shows what you are building rather than what is playing. There is also an add to playlist context menu item which will do what you want (ok queues the track in the list of what is playing)

OK, looks like I'll have to use the context menu for adding tracks to a playlist for now, which is rather slow and tedious. :(

Where can I see this "list of what is playing" that tracks get added to when I press OK then? I'm confused because when "Show current playlist" is ticked, OK does add the tracks to the list shown on the playlist screen, but when "Show current playlist" is unticked pressing OK the playlist screen doesn't show these tracks, so it seems that as far as MP is concerned pressing OK adds the tracks to the "current playlist". I also don't understand the difference between a playlist and a "list of what is playing" either!

In a word no. This is different to every other screen in mp where selecting an item with ok will play it.

In 1.3 I will create an "add to playlist" action so you can map this to whatever button you like.

That would be great, it needs to be different from other screens in MP as one interacts with music very differently from movies, etc. Not every other screen in MP plays an item when pressing OK though. For example, in MovingPictures, selecting an item can be set to either play it or show more details.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread