[Finished] keyboard Feature when editing text (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello.

what ican found as missing feature about the keyboard :

- Missing arrows with an cursor text,
    upload_2015-7-29_19-32-1.png

And an azerty keyboard ?

Wrotte from the real keyboard. / already available when the virtual keyboard is closed

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Other keyboard layouts have to be placed into an own skin file so they will be loaded for matching language tag:
    MediaPortal-2/VirtualKeyboardStyle.xaml at bda13bc9bdab65ff1538d14ea9c22ab22051a523 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2 · GitHub
    <!-- Fallback keyboard layout which is loaded when no localized keyboard layout is available.
    Localized keyboard layouts should be provided by localization plugins which provide language files.
    To provide a localized keyboard layout, copy this control template into a file with name
    VirtualKeyboardStyle_XX.xaml, where XX is the two-letter code for the language, like
    de for german. Then change your copied control to build the desired layout. -->

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    need to be by language, not system keyboard layout used ? :coffee:
    The OSD keyboard is of course not a Window feature but needs to be provided by the programmer.

You could develop your own French keyboard by following the instructions given in the code and cited by @morpheus_xx

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    yep, i see i must replace each letter by azerty keyboard.
    not complicated i think. only to make.
    thanks for info @morpheus_xx

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have not tried this before, I just hope that Albert implemented this properly :)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i try, but without sucess
    after an long error du to my fault because wrong code:

all "special character" must be :
    Code:
              <Button Content="," Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="6" Margin="5" Style="{ThemeResource VKButtonStyle}">
                <Button.Command>
                  <Command Path="Character" Parameters=","/>
                </Button.Command>
              </Button>
    and letter :
    Code:
              <Button Content="n" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="5" Margin="5" Style="{ThemeResource VKButtonStyle}"
                  Command="{Command Path=Character,Parameters=n}"/>

but now, when open an dialog with keyboard layout, it's always the default keyboard.

join the file, think to remove the .txt extension it's only for upload on forum

Attachments

• VirtualKeyboardStyle_fr.xaml.txt
      57.2 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @azzuro I have done the same as you inside the "SkinBase" plugin and switched the "Default" skin. There my replacements worked (see QWERTZ). But as the style is also copied over into other skins, they need to be placed there as well.

upload_2017-10-3_11-36-2.png

@ge2301 please note a loss of function in "non-Default" skins, there is no copy & paste support. Could be worth to try removing the style from other skins and using the Default one. This could solve the missing feature and also could avoid the need to copy localized keyboards over to other skins.
    upload_2017-10-3_11-38-3.png

Users who are viewing this thread