Live TV streaming (2 Viewers)

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
iPiMP installs 2 versions of ffmpeg, the original used for manual or scheduled transcoding and a patched version for Smooth Streaming.
I made the changes in config.xml, and there is some progress. Now I see an ffmpeg.exe process in Task Manager (taking about 10% CPU time), but I still dont see streaming tv. I still get the same error when I tap the Play button
Code:
The requested URL /SmoothStream/live.m3u8 was not found on this server

RickDeckard

Portal Member
October 19, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Again, I get the same results as Khurram.

Meanwhile I also did a full install - including the Apache instance - on another machine and compared the config files (config.xml and Web.config) and I think they are identical, apart from some file paths obviously.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
If you have installed into an existing Apache and are using iPiMPinclude.conf add the following to the bottom of that file:

Code:
#smooth streaming
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule smooth_streaming_module modules/mod_smooth_streaming.so
AddHandler smooth-streaming.extensions .ism

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/$1$2.$3sm$4/$2.ismc -f
RewriteRule ^(.*/)?(.*)\.([is])sm([l])?/[Mm]anifest$ $1$2.$3sm$4/$2.ismc [PT]
RewriteRule ^(.*/)?(.*)\.([is])sm([l])?/[Mm]anifest$ $1$2.$3sm$4/$2.ism?manifest=live [PT]
RewriteRule ^(.*/)?(.*)\.([is])sm([l])?/QualityLevels\(([0-9]+)\)/Fragments\((.*)=([0-9]+)\)(.*)$ $1$2.$3sm$4/$2.ism?bitrate=$5&$6=$7 [PT]
#smooth streaming

also ensure the mod_rewrite.so and mod_smooth_streaming.so modules are in your modules folder.

If you need the mod_smooth_streaming module you can get it from here.

Again the installer needs some updating :oops:

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
If you have installed into an existing Apache and are using iPiMPinclude.conf add the following to the bottom of that file:

also ensure the mod_rewrite.so and mod_smooth_streaming.so modules are in your modules folder.
I too was able to get it to work, but it works intermittently. It works ok the first time; if I stop the stream, and then try to watch another channel, I get to the screen where the video is displayed but I dont see the video stream. If I go back to stop the stream, it says there was an error. And if I try to check the card status, it gives the error
FATAL ERROR: No configuration store was found! Gentle is unable to continue! The handlers emitted the following error messages: Unable to create GentleSectionHandler for section named "gentle" in file "G:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\web.config". Unable to create FileHandler for file Gentle.config. This usually means that the file could not be found in any of the default search locations. The handlers threw the following exceptions: Error: DeveloperErrorUnclassified Gentle.Common.GentleException: No configuration file could be located. at Gentle.Common.FileHandler..ctor(String file) at Gentle.Common.Configurator.AddFileHandler(String configStoreName, String fileName)

at Gentle.Common.Configurator.InitializeHandlers() at Gentle.Common.Configurator.Configure(String configStoreName, Object instance) at Gentle.Common.Configurator.Configure(Object instance) at Gentle.Framework.ProviderRegistry..ctor() at Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory..cctor()
Restarting apache does not do anything; TV Service hangs on restarting; I have to restart the pc to get TVservice to work. I dont know if the problem lies with MP or elsewhere :confused:

Edit:
-----
Further testing suggests that I should wait some time before streaming another channel. After stopping a stream, if I go to the homepage and then go to through the menus to the channel I want to stream, it works okay. I have done this only 1 time though. I have to go to work, so further testing would have to wait till later.

stenmark

June 15, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have some problem running live TV stream toghether with an existing apache installation.
What i want to do is to run my normal web service at: host.se and ipimp at hostipimp.se, both on the same machine and on port 80. For some reason i cant run ipimp on port 81 because my operator is not letting http trafic pass on that port...

So, my setup is like this:
iPiMPinclude.conf
Code:
NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName host.se
	DocumentRoot "d:/web"	
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName hostipimp.se
	DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/iPiMP/Aspx"	
</VirtualHost>

I followed your guide for setting up on an existing apache server, and added the fixes in this thread.

I get the following error message when i try to watch TV (using chrome with silver light)
errormessage.jpg

Media portal is tuning the channel and the transcoding process is started, but no output files exist in the SmoothStream.isml folder.
If i remove the virtualhosts, and set the documentroot to ipimp folder, then its working OK. So for some reason, when i add the virtualhost, smoothstream plugin cant find the correct output folder.

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
What i want to do is to run my normal web service at: host.se and ipimp at hostipimp.se, both on the same machine and on port 80.
I dont think this is possible to do. The whole idea behind ports is to access multiple services running on the same pc by having them listen on different ports.

webcris77

Portal Pro
October 31, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
PROBLEM change channell after STOP command Live TV streaming

Hi guys,
Live streaming work correctly only the first time.
If i push stop button and change channell, the count down work fine on device and i wait 30 sec but when i push start (from my iphone) i'm unable to see anything.
The workaround is restart Computer and not only tvserver.
I saw that the problem is STOP command sent from device often don't hang process FFMPEG.EXE
Anyone had the same problem?
Cheers:sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread