Live TV Stutter since Win 10 upgrade (1 Viewer)

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
November 14, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well, swapped the client locations and have upgraded to 1.13 but still have the same issues. Next step is a reinstall, then I guess is the final straw is a reformat and reinstall. Wish me luck!

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
November 14, 2013
Home Country
So I have gone back to Win 8.1 reinstalled MePo and I still have the stuttering, I've also noticed that HD channels are also effected. Win 10 appears to have wrecked everything!!! Do anyone have any suggestions?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2013
    Home Country
    All clients are the exact same builds where 3 of them run perfectly, and the drivers are the same, RTSP is sorted now, how do I compare the bioses?

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Oh I see, you mean just go into the bios on boot up and compare them, ok I'll take a look. I have noticed that the FPS on the bad client is always less than the same channel playing on the other clients, seems strange...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have noticed that the FPS on the bad client is always less than the same channel playing on the other clients, seems strange...
    Have you checked that hardware accelerated video decoding (DXVA) is active?
    Have you checked the CPU usage while video is playing?

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2013
    Home Country
    So I managed to fix this for a short period, the graphics driver and network crad drivers were not updating automatically, I had to download them and manually update, this did the trick for a couple of weeks but there appears to be a slightly different problem now! Live TV starts to drop frames after about 30-60 seconds of playback then gets worse untill it completely freezes after about 2 mins! A quick review of the logs suggests a problem with TSreader I think but dont know what to do to sort it, does anyone have any experience of this or any ideas?

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2013
    Home Country
    I have just noticed in the error log, it says mediaportal starting on Win 8 which is strange as the OS is win 10, could this be causing a problem?

Users who are viewing this thread