Live TV Stutter since Win 10 upgrade (1 Viewer)

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
November 14, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hey Owlsroost, just tried this but the same problem continues...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...could this be causing a problem?
    No. Ignore it.

...this did the trick for a couple of weeks but there appears to be a slightly different problem now!
    From the MPAR log:
    [collapse]
    02-05-2016 20:02:13.116 [ db0] CBaseAudioSink: Failed to output next sample: 0x80040211
    02-05-2016 20:02:13.117 [ db0] CTimeStretchFilter::timestretch thread OutputNextSample failed with: 0x80040211
    02-05-2016 20:02:13.117 [ db0] CTimeStretchFilter::timestretch thread - Failed to get next output sample!
    02-05-2016 20:02:13.117 [ db0] CTimeStretchFilter::timestretch thread - Failed to get next output sample!
    02-05-2016 20:02:13.118 [ db0] CTimeStretchFilter::timestretch thread - Failed to get next output sample!
    02-05-2016 20:02:13.118 [ db0] CTimeStretchFilter::timestretch thread - Failed to get next output sample![/collapse]

I strongly suggest you go back to the default DirectSound audio renderer for TV. As it says in the wiki (manual):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs
    Tip
    MediaPortal Audio Renderer is often recommended for smooth video playback. However, it may not work with your TV provider(s). If you have TV playback problems (pauses, unsynchronised video/audio, no audio at all) when using the MediaPortal Audio Renderer, try another option (eg. DirectSound).

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Ah yes, I was trying different audio decoders just to see if there was an improvement. Back to directsound but the issue remains!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    From comment of friend of us :) :)

1) CBaseAudioSink: Failed to output next sample: 0x80040211 <-- happen after stop, it is not a real error
    2) Log is full of Pause events. Something (Probably TsReader?) is pausing the graph constantly
    #2 one is probbly the root cause for the issue

@Owlsroost :p

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2013
    Home Country
    MM1352000, latest logs attached using directsound, skipping happens as soon as the tv starts, with mediaportal audio renderer there is a minute or so delay before skipping starts. Sebastiii, thank you for input...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Goovemaize - can you run MP from the MP Watchdog tool, using the first option - which disables all except the standard plug-ins - and check if TV plays OK.

The pauses are caused by TsReader not getting data fast enough. Looking at the logs, I suspect some of the background activity by plug-ins reading files from your NAS (over the network) are using enough network bandwidth to interfere with data delivery to TsReader.

Basically I think you have network problems (could be hardware, cables, drivers, security software or something else).

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2013
    Home Country
    So I've recorded some watchdog data with various audio settings, directsound, my tv and audio renderer with varying results, direct was best but the frame rate is all over the place, what do you guys think?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. The video renderer (EVR) log is full of dropped and late frames, which confirms your claim that the frame rate is all over the place.

Can you please answer my questions from a month ago.
    Have you checked that hardware accelerated video decoding (DXVA) is enabled in the LAV video codec settings?
    Have you checked the CPU usage while video is playing to confirm that DXVA is actually being utilised?

I don't think your systems would be able to handle playback of 1080i HD TV unless DXVA is active. Given the 30 to 60 seconds of lead time, I suppose it's also possible that you're hitting thermal throttling.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I agree with mm - the evr.log shows very long 'paint' times (the rendering time per frame) which go with the large number of dropped frames.

Is this happening on only one client (i.e. one set of hardware), or on all of them ?

Does it happen with SD TV ? (the logs only show HD TV - in fact 1080i, which is the hardest TV format to handle since it needs de-interlacing in the GPU).

Users who are viewing this thread