LiveTV freezes and shows a lot of artifacts (2 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll upload the file in the next 1-2 hours.

The whole recording is less than a minute (because I just recorded the issue to log it). The file size is ca. 50 MB. So should I upload the whole file? (as a ZIP-file)

Yes, thats OK

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Attached is a new TsReader.ax - I've added a new registry key in 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader' called 'DisablePESFailFlush' - set this to '1' and it will disable some of the error recovery features. (Just play something first to get the key created)

Note - the sample video file is corrupted (presumably due to de-cryption failures) - TsReader (or anything else) cannot fix that, this mod is just to try and make it recover faster/cleaner when this happens.

Attachments

• TsReader_0-0-1_fail_debug_2.zip
      182.2 KB

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks!

With your TSReader I can't watch TV anymore. While starting the TV plugin, MediaPortal freezes a few minutes and then it shows the message "an unknown error occured".

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try different browser or pc. I tried all my PC and the attachment works ;-)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Thanks!

With your TSReader I can't watch TV anymore. While starting the TV plugin, MediaPortal freezes a few minutes and then it shows the message "an unknown error occured".

I've just tried live TV and it works fine for me (using UNC paths and RTSP) - also there is no TsReader.log in your zip file so it looks like it hasn't even got as far as trying to load it (and there are no error messages in the MP logs).

There are errors in the TV server logs, so I suspect there is/was a problem with your TV server.....(and there is no TsWriter log)

(There have been 8 downloads of the TsReader zip file so far - anyone else tried it ?)

Last edited:

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange... I tried it a few times incl. restarting my HTPC. And now itsuddenly worked :-D I will test your version and let you know if I see any difference within the next couple of days.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    (There have been 8 downloads of the TsReader zip file so far - anyone else tried it ?)
    I gave it a try and so far it seems good. Looks like i even got rid of some PES errors in my logs.

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I still have problems with the new TSReader. It worked only one time. After restarting my HTPC I got the "unkown error" and TV was not working. This only happens with the new TSReader, so it's related to the new version. If I use the old TSReader there is never any problem. So I can't test your new TSReader :-(

Also, the few hours your TSReader worked: I still got the artifacts. I don't know if it's got better or not, because currently I don't have so many artifacts. It's very strange. Sometimes it's very heavy, sometimes I can watch a few hours without artifacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom