Logos for DTS, Dolby etc. (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    The U rating can't look like what you have linked, because U.png is used by several countries, so it will just have to be a plain U.
    no worry, it's not French Official, only XBMC FR team for have similar to have "G" rating for USA

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @vuego - Can't bundle those swedish logos at the moment because they share common filenames with other countries

To have different logos for different countries it requires either;

1. Titan installer detects what country you are from then installs appropriate logos to the logo directory during installation

2. Titan settings GUI has option to change certification logo pack. This could be implemented by having multiple subdirectories off the logo directory for each country and then in the GUI you can choose from the list of countries. You would also have a 'default' directory. I think this would be the best option. If possible during installation titan would set the directory to a specific country if it detects a match.

3. Moving pictures/My Videos/My TV Series are changed so they scrape the country code with the certification code eg. "UK-PG.png" - This is probably not ideal because there are too many countries.

4. Titan skin is modified so that it has the following directory /Media/Logos/Certification/#CountryCode#/PG.png" and when pulling up the image in the skin it uses /Logos/Certification#CountryCode#/#Certification#.png - This is probably not ideal because there are too many countries.

(or) we can go with status quo, and try to have generic logos for the commonly used image names
    U,G,PG,15,18,R

attn: @ncoH @dlarge - comments?

Last edited:

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I can't get the moving pictures plugin to show the logo for DTS MA for some reason. If I use myvideos it's fine in the gui. Both are fine when actually playing the video and bringing up the properties overlay. I can see in the log that it's reading it correctly but it just doesn't show it when I'm scrolling through my films.

Any ideas?

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I managed to get this right in the end, for some reason moving pictures doesn't seem to return the same values as the myvideos plugin so I had to make another copy of the dts ma.png and call it something like dtshd.png to get the logo to display.

Looking at the code, log and skin xml files I don't see any logical reason for this though.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    the trick is to look at the technical details page in the skin, or the movie details page in mp config:moving pictures, and look what is written under codec, the image file name must match exactly what is written here.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does anyone have a problem with any of these movie certification logos. Are any logos missing for your country? Allowances have to be made so that the image can be re-used for different countries. These are intended to be used for the default Titan skin installation.

Attachments

• Certification Logos.rar
      84.4 KB
    Last edited:

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I've found that most of my certificate logos are UK logos when using my videos, probably because it's scraping the uk imdb details (for instance the avengers is added to the db as avengers assembles even though the filename is just the avengers.mkv). In moving pictures it seems to almost solely apply the american ratings to the films.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^ can you download the above file and put in your logo directory for certifications. Let me know if you have any problems or are unhappy with anything.

Users who are viewing this thread