Please report Bugs here in this Thread about MayaHD Skin,thanks!!!:D

Lordwarf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2011
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello MayaTeam !
    First of all, congratulations on the birth of MayaHD. This is a big HD baby, you must be very proud :)
    Played a little with the skin and bumped into a few things I reproduced in my test environment :
    1. I also have the /#WorldWeather issue. As you can see on the caps, it appears in the top right corner of every screen. I do not have any weather plugin.
    2. In Video plugin, when in Coverflow mode, the screen background is not blue as in all others screens. It is ok in other views for video plugin though.
    3. This one may not be a bug. Folder names always appear between brackets. I do not now if this is intended or not.
    4. A small problem not MayaHD specific (also happens with Maya) I already mentioned in the forum. The french label for "Now playing" being too long, it overlaps the music length.
    Screen cap are attached to this post to show what I tried to explain.

00-18-20.jpg 00-20-33.jpg 00-21-11.jpg
    00-21-24.jpg 00-21-33.jpg 00-26-40.jpg

Lord David Dwarf

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please don't mind what was written here.
    It concerned Avalon not MayaHD :)

Last edited:

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello MayaTeam !
    First of all, congratulations on the birth of MayaHD. This is a big HD baby, you must be very proud :)
    Played a little with the skin and bumped into a few things I reproduced in my test environment :
    1. I also have the /#WorldWeather issue. As you can see on the caps, it appears in the top right corner of every screen. I do not have any weather plugin.
    2. In Video plugin, when in Coverflow mode, the screen background is not blue as in all others screens. It is ok in other views for video plugin though.
    3. This one may not be a bug. Folder names always appear between brackets. I do not now if this is intended or not.
    4. A small problem not MayaHD specific (also happens with Maya) I already mentioned in the forum. The french label for "Now playing" being too long, it overlaps the music length.
    Screen cap are attached to this post to show what I tried to explain.

View attachment 103345 View attachment 103346 View attachment 103347
    View attachment 103348 View attachment 103349 View attachment 103350

Lord David Dwarf

1. i will fixed this weather issue.
    2. hm, i think this is not the Video plugin, do you mean showtimes or other plugin? the screens show a older design from the filmstrip view.;)
    3. Folder ore sjow always in brackets, this is correct and no issue.
    4 can you give me a screen about your playing now overlapping, i will look what i can do.

Lordwarf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2011
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello dlarge, thx for your response,

2. well, I think this the "standard" MePo video plugin. I did not change that. In fact I use very few plugins. In Maya configurator it appears as Window ID 6. Do not know if this is relevant info though :). Here are screens of the configurator, the video plugin in coverflow view (which is white), and in filmstrip view (which works ok). I also attach a screen from MyMovies in coverflow mode, where there is no problem at all. Do you have an idea of what I should look at to see if this is a MayaHD issue or a configuration problem on my side ? I forgot to mention that this problem do not appear in Maya but the symptom happens on both my test environment and my "production environment".
    Configuration.jpg
    13-28-24.jpg
    13-28-42.jpg
    13-39-16.jpg

4. Here is a screen cap of a Now playing music of some anonymous guy trying to sing an obscure song.
    13-44-09.jpg

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good morning!

When I try to download MayaHD for Mediaportal 1.3.0 Alpha, I get a file not found error message. I note that to date it has had 0 downloads so I wonder if the link is broken?

Thanks...

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i uploaded this File in the meantime:) My I-Net Connction is very slow here.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

BUG: MayaHD 1.2 - STUCK ON LOADING PLUGINS...

Mediaportal 1.2.3
    MayaHD 1.2.0.0
    Windows7 64bit

Had previously installed MayaHD 1.0.0.1 beta
    Installed MayaHD 1.2.0.0
    Tried to run mediaportal
    Gets as far as loading plugins...
    Sits on that screen for about 3-4 seconds
    Then mediaportal minimises to task bar, and can not be maximised or interacted with.
    I wait a while then press alt+F4
    Subsequent attemps to run have same problem
    I also tried changing default home in config from basic<->classic, made no difference.

Log files attached

Thanks
    Kiwi

EDIT: RESTARTING PC AFTER INSTALLING MAYAHD SEEMS TO HAVE SOLVED THIS PROBLEM

Last edited:

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Kiwi - nice to see a fellow New Zealander here.

Tell me, have you stuck to MayaHD + MP 1.2.3, and if so is it running smoothly? Also, what is your intention with MP 1.3.0A?

I'm keen to upgrade to MP1.3.0A, but I currently use Mustayaluca as a skin and no development has been done since late 2011. This has put me in a bind and left me looking for a new skin. This is a big decision!

I've been looking around at compatible skins and like the look of MayaHD, probably because of its simplicity. It also appears that there is a lot of work being done on the skin, especially the section in the forum where users have uploaded and shared their mods.

Tell me, what are your thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread